Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ady
"

Older Semine is telling a young girl about their life before the war.

"

Chapter 1 {Rough Draft}


         "What was it like before the war, Semine?" A young girl planted herself on the lap of an elderly soul and looked them square in the eyes, curiosity teaming within their crystalline orbs. "How come people say that we would have been better off without it?"
         "Life was simply wonderful, we had no worries about invasions from other worlds or even thought about the fact that there is something out there other than the life here on Earth, nor even the assumption of magic actually existing without evidence." The elder had a longing look upon their face, wishing what happened in the past had come to their future, losing them self to the reminiscent cognitions and barely caught what the little girl had asked. "Oh well... This may take a while to explain, so I will just start at the beginning, the day before the war..."
         "Okay!" The child fixed herself on the older being's lap and looked at them with intent, a childlike excitement gleaming from the depths of their eyes, and the impatience written clear as day on their face. Hands placed firmly on one knee, head attentive, an interest like no other showing from within and radiating around them both.
         "It all began a thousand years ago, when I noticed the glimmering rays of the moon's light had shifted from a dazzling silver to an almost unearthly blue, the air was thick with freshly sprouted flowers, and the soft breeze flowing through the cracked window pane on the right wall of my room..."

         A younger Semine stood in the marvelous beams of pure silver light as it trickled past the raised curtains, the starlit gray-blue illuminated intensely at the surprisingly captivating sphere hanging high in the Stygian skies above. Something about the way it's glow bathed them in an almost unnatural tone sent shivers running like a mad dog through a cactus patch down the spine of their back. One of their hands reached toward the glass, slightly callused fingers brushed against the smooth surface slowly.
         Their attention turned  to the necklace dangling from the rusted nail on the left wall as it flashed a similar shade of silver and azuline, the gentle wind causing it to sway back and forth until it hit the light oak flooring with a loud thud. The sound of feet shuffling quickly filled the silent air and their digits wrapped around the metal chain, but took a moment to take in the shape it left on their floor before picking it back up and hung it on the nail; a crescent.
         Pale snow blonde brows knitted firmly together as they thought over all the strange signs swirling all around them, from the moon to their necklace. Why? Why can I see this but my parents and siblings can't? The look on their fairly cream toned face showed confusion and curiosity, they knew all too well that this is not normal; far from it. I cannot be the only one to note all this... Maybe he has too? Thoughts whirled in the depths of their mind, unable to silence the questions that popped up when they first noticed the abnormal shades around them after they went out for a walk earlier that day.
         They couldn't get them to stop no matter what they had done to occupy their time, absolutely nothing. Then Semine knew what they had to do, they walked over to their dresser and took the cream colored phone from off the eggshell white dresser with fake gold trim and an oval mirror attached at the back and opened up the lock screen to dial the first number that came to mind. The phone rang and rang, at first it seemed like no one was going to answer until the melodious voice of their friend picked up the line:
         'Hey, Semine, how's it going?'
         'Hey, Kianu, I have been fine. Have you been noticing anything strange here lately?' Silence broke out on the other end, heavy breathing becoming the only sign of Kianu's recognition to the question his friend had asked to him.
         'Yeah, why'd you ask?'
         'Well... This morning when I went out for a walk everything seemed to be off, I couldn't quite put my foot on it up until I spotted the moon glowing blue instead of that light silver.' There was not one moment where they picked up anything like this since they was little.
         'Really? I've noticed that the Earth has picked up this abnormal bio-luminescence this past week!'
         'Yeah... What do you think is going on here?' A rise of panic bubbled within their throat, their worry slowly getting the best of them.
         'I've got no idea, I'm gonna come over so we can talk about it face to face, be over in just a blink of an eye.'
          'Good idea, see you soon then.' Semine didn't give their friend another second to respond and quickly hung up, tossing their phone onto the bright red comforter on their Victorian styled bed and rushed out from their room. Within a few moments they were down the hall, small bursts of excitement pumped the growing adrenaline through their veins as they stopped at the opening to the main corridor, peering into the kitchen that lead into the living room. Their parents sat at the dinner table, their father reading one of his gamer magazine's and their mother preparing their dinner for the night.
         They knew very well that their parents wouldn't allow their friend over unless they asked them at a time like this, but with him already on the way, they will just have to wait and see what happens. Oh... Hurry up, Kianu. I have SO much to discuss with you right now. The clock on the hallway wall ticked by slowly, Semine's patience wearing thinner and thinner with each passing second up until the doorbell rang. Without another thought, they sprinted past the kitchen and straight for the main door to the house through the small hall adjoining the living room.
         Kianu stood on the porch and hugged the expensive liger printed coat close to his rather feminine physique, his beautiful metallic-blues watched the knob quiver under the hand trying to turn it's handle on the other side of the light golden door. His red and black nails tapped impatiently on the fluffy sleeve, his similarly colored flats following the rhythm of his fingers.
         'What is taking you so long? It's freezing out here!' He whined loudly before Semine opened up the door. Their mother asked who was at the door at a time like this and came up behind their child. The look in her gaze softened as she saw who was standing in the cold air, stepping aside to let him in. 'Thank you, Mrs. Sacha.'
         'What brings you over?' She asked him as she took off his coat and hung it up on the coat rack besides the box of shoes. Her strangely copper eyes blinking quickly while she had him take off his flats and set them on the seat on the other end of the shoebox. He made his way into the soft baby blue walled living room and sat himself on one of the reclining couches near a skylight window, his legs crossing at the knee and hands resting over his chest.
         'I was just on my way home when it began to snow! Just out of the blue! Can you imagine that?' He cast his sights on the outdoors, spotting the massive amounts of snowflakes whirling in the wind, at first his excuse to stay over with Semine was just an excuse until he noticed it became the truth. 'I was meaning to bring my kids their juices, but then it got too cold and hard to see out there... Your home was the closest I could seek refuge.'
         'Ah... I see.' Semine's mother nodded her head in understanding and went back into the kitchen to finish up dinner. 'Well... Since you are here, want to join us for dinner?' The smell of freshly cooked steak wafted from the stove tops and straight for the pair in the family room. The sizzling pops of the greasy bacon matched the boiling pot of pasta and caused for the young male to hold his softly rounded stomach.
         'That would be quite lovely, Mrs. Sacha.' Kianu smiled brightly at the older woman before he turned his attention onto Semine as they were making their way over to him and took up the cushion beside him. He noticed how they were focused on the flakes of snow falling to the ground just beyond the glass, confusion and curiosity riddling their features.
         It's not supposed to snow til November... Yet, Kianu's small lie became the truth just by simply opening his mouth. What is going on here? Everything that Kianu had said in the past month came true, from new species of life being discovered to the rapid changes in weather. Semine didn't know what to make of it or what could be the reason for it, even Kianu had no way to explain these odd occurrences. If only they both knew.


© 2015 Ady


Author's Note

Ady
Please ignore these /, they are the only way I can show the italics since I am on a tablet and it won't let me highlight all the parts I need unless I do it one at a time... That would take way too long to do.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on August 21, 2015
Last Updated on August 31, 2015


Author

Ady
Ady

CT



About
I do have a name, but prefer to be called Ady. I'm around 16 and a 1/2 years of age. I'm a Non-Binary and Genderqueer (prefer They or Them). I'm a Gynosexual, but do not make it uncomfortable to th.. more..

Writing
Semine Sacha Semine Sacha

A Book by Ady