Try, Try Again

Try, Try Again

A Story by Sagemind
"

A true story (although I may exaggerate on some points).

"

Try, Try Again

 

A scared young woman, a cocky biker, an old war vet, and a nerdy black man climbed up a ladder into the open air. They were on the very top of a hospital, standing on a helipad. They knew, however, that this was a pitifully undefensible position, and so ran to a building that housed ammo, a radio, and first aid packs. They answered a call on the radio that was on a loop, pleading for help. A helicopter was on its way.

The woman and the biker immediately ran into a small, defensible closet. The black man and the war vet stood dumbly outside, unsure of what to do. Suddenly, a massive horde of Infected appeared. The woman shut the door, and waited. They heard sounds of shots being fired, screams, and relative silence.

Suddenly, a zombie punched a hole in the door, reaching his hand through to grab at the survivors. The remaining humans poured a hail of M16 fire through the hole in the door, shredding zombies easily. They dropped with screams, moans, and grunts, falling onto the bodies of the black man and war vet. They had died quite easily.

A tongue wrapped itself around the biker, but the woman quickly shot the tongue and broke it apart. The owner of the tongue, outraged and in pain, tried to retreat, but he was shot in the back and exploded in a cloud of smoke. A crouching zombie in a sweatshirt jumped onto the woman, and she let out a piercing scream, but just as he was about to cause serious damage he was shoved off and shot.

A fat infected with tumors on its body took this opportunity to vomit all over the biker and woman, causing a huge crowd of infected to come rushing towards them. However, they could only come into the closet two at a time, and thus were easily picked off. Eventually the horde thinned, and then was nonexistent.

In the distance, a rhythmic thumping could be heard. "TANK!" yelled the biker, grabbing some ammo quickly. The woman did the same, and they ran out of the building, knowing getting cornered could be fatal. A huge infected tore around the corner at top speed, his forearms as thick as tree trunks and twice as solid. The woman through a molotov cocktail at the beast, causing fire to spread across its face. It did not seem to be affected, except it sped up.

The survivors ran as fast as they could, but the Tank caught up to them and punched the biker. The biker went flying and slammed into the side of an AC unit, dazed and disoriented. The woman poured shots into the Tank's back, pained at her inability to save the biker. The Tank simply ran over and crushed the biker's head in between his hands.

At that point the woman was desperate and began running away, firing as she did so. However, the Tank was still faster, and caught up with her quickly. He punched her in the back and she went sailing off the roof...ending the game.

 

***

 

"GodDAMMIT!" yelled an outraged 13-year-old, punching a pillow next to him. "That's so freaking unfair!"

"F**k, I know," said a 16-year-old. The level restarted, and they were at the beginning again.

"Here we go again," said the 13-year-old grumpily.

 

End.

© 2009 Sagemind


Author's Note

Sagemind
Pretty much a true story. Sorry for the language at the end, just trying to be accurate.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on March 9, 2009
Last Updated on March 10, 2009

Author

Sagemind
Sagemind

North Las Vegas, NV



About
Hi, I'm Alex. I've been a writer for a long time and I look forward to entering contests. I've been fourteen since the 20th of August (sorry for not updating) and I love video games and reading. I lov.. more..

Writing
Empty Empty

A Poem by Sagemind


Beautiful Beautiful

A Story by Sagemind


Ambush Ambush

A Story by Sagemind