Trek: Part Two

Trek: Part Two

A Chapter by Attoliia
"

Kalyn's POV end of the battle

"

Kalyn’s POV:


Vapor escaped from the sniper’s muzzle. My hands tingling from the powerful shots, my focus on the back of Jess’ head. Making sure she hadn’t been injured; she moved, lunging forward attacking everything she could see. I continued to shoot the soldiers that were swarming behind her. Shot after shot the motions becoming a fluid being: aim, squeeze, reload, repeat. I heard Jess yell as more enemies appeared in front of her. Slicing and shooting becoming a whirlwind of fury flying down the narrow sandy streets.

‘There she goes again…’ I thought to myself; a small smile forming on my lips. I looked through the scope of the sniper, looking at the roof tops to see if the army brought their own snipers. Up in the windows a gleam of light appeared, I quickly took aim and shot through the window hitting the hidden sniper, he fell down the seven stories, the dust in the wind becoming suddenly violent, making my stark white hair fly into my face. I got up, and threw my sniper over my shoulder, using the strap to keep it tight against my back.

After a breath, I ran over to the edge of the building throwing myself off the third floor. Aiming for a pile of the soldiers bodies to soften the fall. I rolled when I hit the men, getting up and running toward Jess. I pulled my hand machine guns out of their holsters on my thighs, tearing apart multiple gunmen as I ran by.

“JESS!” I yelled at her, the soldiers kept coming. ‘We couldn’t keep fighting like this: I would run out of ammo before we killed half of them.’ The hunting knife in my right boot, nudging against my leg. “WE GOTTA GO!” I got up to her, her arms were covered in blood, her face speckled with grime: her right eye becoming red just like the one hidden behind her eye patch: the maniacal look of rage left no trace of the witty girl I had traveled 10 years with.

“We’re not going anywhere. I’m going to kill them all.” She said, hacking through the men in front of her. Lunging once again.

“F**k!” I exclaimed shooting once again at the soldiers behind us, backing up as Jess carved a path of bloodied bodies forward. I continued to shoot at the seemingly endless soldiers. I heard the crunch of rocks against the treads before I saw it. A tank. I stopped moving, I felt Jess lean against my back, her breathing was beginning to become heavy. “Jess…”

“What?!” She replied curtly, agitated.

“Looks like they called for a tank.”

“Oh.” She looked over her shoulder toward it, “Did you have the bombs?”

“We haven’t been able to restock in 6 months. So, no I don’t have any more f*****g explosives.

“S**t no need to get so mad. Calm your tits Lyn.” She let out a deep breath.

“You know I don’t like that nickname.” I said, grumbling “We need to get out of here.”

“Nah it’s okay.” She said as she continued shooting her pistol landing kill shots each time.

“God damn it Jess!” I said, my hands becoming numb from the vibrations of the guns. I heard her start to laugh. My eyes found grenades stuck on five soldier’s belts.

F**k it.

“Switch and Follow!” I yelled at her, tossing back one of my guns, holstering the other. I saw her white pistol fly towards me. Time seemed to slow down. I jumped up catching the ivory handgun. Running forward shooting the remainder of the attack team, with the handgun with greater accuracy, weaving between the bodies of the soldiers grabbing the grenades and pushing them into a small bag on my hip. The tank rolling forward began to shoot its rockets. The explosions behind us killing the ones who pursued as we dodged the bullets with ease. I looked behind me, Jess following me: the glint in her eye again. We continued to run forward.

After so many years of fighting side by side. We didn’t need to talk to each other during battle. We knew each other as well as ourselves. I stopped running and took aim with my sniper. Throwing the bag forward to Jess: she sprinted forward jumping in the air catching it and landing on the base of the tank.

I smiled again. Together we had never lost a battle.

She quickly threw the grenades into the base of the head of the launcher. Together we could kill anything. She jumped back, grabbing a shield from a fallen soldier putting it in between her and the tank.

I took a breath, and squeezed the trigger blasting the grenades in the tank. Destroying the tank, the explosion consuming everything around it.

Together we were invincible.

 

 


We sat against the wall of a dark alley way, the moon shone down. The cold penetrated through my long coat. The fire was still raging from earlier today, spreading to the buildings around it. I looked at Jess. She was still cleaning the blood off her skin. Her black katana spotless despite what had happened earlier. She cared for that weapon the most.

I propped my backpack up against the wall, trash and rubble filling the small alley way. I look up at the stars. Despite being in the middle of the city; you could still see a few stars. “You think we will be safe here for tonight?” I asked Jess, lightly.

“I think so. It’s not like we can really go anywhere now.” She motioned to both of us, the blood still on our clothes and bodies. “Plus those posters don’t really help.” Pointing to the wanted poster, on the wall opposite us. She then began to clean her guns. “Tch, you weren’t gentle with Ivory!”

Wanted dead or alive.” I read aloud, in a matter-of-fact voice, ignoring her remark about her pistol. “The reward continues to go up.”

“That surprises you?” She asked me in an annoyed voice, still grumbling about Ivory.

“No. But it makes people more desperate to get us…” I said, playing with the dog tags hanging at my chest. I began to chuckle.

“What?”

“We are such a pain in the a*s for the government that they have to send a tank to try to kill us…” I began to laugh harder.

“It’s not that funny Kalyn…” Jess said after a moment with a sigh. She got up and went through her bag, pulling out a new white tank top. The one she was wearing was ripped to the point of becoming a rag. She quickly pulled off the one she wore, to then simply pull on a fresh one. The scars all along her torso gleamed in the dim light as she did so.

Sadness filled my thoughts as I remembered how Jess and I met. When I came across the wreckage, fire and gasoline was everywhere. She was drenched in blood: her mis-matched eyes looking at me with fear, her tears streaming down her face. She had injuries all along her body, her arms, torso and legs.

 “Kalyn.” Jess said, bringing me out of the past her voice was wary. She motioned towards the entrance of the alley. A small boy stood there his outline against the lights of the street. I slowly got up, putting my hand on the handle of my gun.

“Hello…” I began. I heard Jess put her coat back on, packing up the small supplies we had been using.  

“Are you the ones who killed the soldiers?” The small boy said, his features still too dark to make out. I didn’t answer, Jess handed me my backpack: I slid it on. “ARE YOU THE ONES WHO KILLED THEM?!” He started shaking, pulling out an energy pistol which was standard issue for all soldiers.

“Yeah, actually I did!” Jess yelled at the boy, in her defiant tone. She took a few steps in front of me. The young boy pointed the gun at Jess, the aim was never steady. Moving all around the alley way.

“Why?! My father was a good man! He didn’t deserve to die! He said you were the good guys! That you only hurt those who are evil!” The young boy screamed at us. The hopelessness that filled this boys eyes reminded of Jess’. The night I found her…

The boy roared, firing a shot at us. Missing Jess completely and flying a few centimeters from my head. Jess sprung into action, grabbing the gun from his hands. She seemed to tower over him. “Honestly! You stupid brat! You could have killed someone!” The boy fell to his knees: sobbing.

“The world ain’t fair kid, and it sure as hell don’t revolve around you! I don’t know if you have noticed but you aren’t the only f*****g person who has lost their family! So quit your cryin, and do something about it! Learn to survive on your own power.” She said to him, then turning around and starting to walk deeper into the alley way. She tossed me the gun he had held. “Let’s see if that’s worth anything…” she said quietly, her face was hidden. She took a deep breath and turned around towards the light of the trash ridden path. “If you still feel the same rage now, as you do when you’re older towards us. Come find me.” She then continued to walk away from the lights of the city.

I sighed and stood upright. Turning on my heel putting my back to the light; walking forward into the darkness of the alley. Hearing behind me the continued sobs of yet another child who was dragged into a bloody world.



© 2014 Attoliia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on August 16, 2014
Last Updated on August 16, 2014


Author

Attoliia
Attoliia

WA



About
Hey~ I do alot of Fic's and I am trying to get my own story out there: The Dragon Trilogy. I would appreciate any feedback on any of the stories (especially "The Elemental") If you could read an.. more..

Writing
Trek: Part One Trek: Part One

A Chapter by Attoliia