Chapter 1- The Brains Behind The Operation

Chapter 1- The Brains Behind The Operation

A Chapter by Saint Patrick

The sound of sirens, car alarms, yelling, and gunfire are going off late in the evening. This is a normal occurrence in the city more or less. Many stores tend to close early and if somebody wanted a job, their almost immediately hired in the local hospitals or jails. Within all the commotion going on there is a character named…


"Wait, don't just say his name! Give some description!"


"Umm. He has brown hair, medium build; he can see very well, average height..."


"That's the best you can do?"


"You want me to give in depth descriptions for each character?! I don't have time to say luscious locks, ocean blue eyes or the figure of a Greek God! Once it gets an anime adaption, people can see what he looks like. Are you done breaking the fourth wall?”


"This is coming out of your paycheck. Carry on."


The man with light brown hair has on some casual clothing. While walking down the street, his eyes are glued to a book. He turns into an alley and begins walking and reading. Upon a closer look, the title is called “You Can’t Spell Evil Without Lie” and the book very thick. He’s flipping the pages while walking and thinks to himself in a nonchalant manner, "Wow, I’m surprised she was behind it all. I wonder what’s going to happen with her”. Continuing to walk and flip pages, three men suddenly appear in front of the man. They appear menacing and the man stops in his tracks.


“This isn’t a place you should be walking around alone homie”, one of the men say with a smirk on their face. He pulls up his shirt to show a gun tucked into his pants. “Now come on and empty those pockets”. The thug is gesturing the man to empty his pockets. “Maybe we’ll be kind enough to let you walk outta here alive”.


Finally raising his head from his book, he looks calmly at the three men. “Forgive me but…” he looks and observes the three men before finishing his sentence. “Who are you guys?” One of the men point to their shirt which has the drawing of a skull with a military hat. “This is Commandos territory.” He says. “But you shouldn’t wo-” He gets cut off before finishing his sentence. “Law, don’t even waste your breath on this fool." The other member says. “He not emptying his pockets, so he must want us to empty the clip.” He lifts up his shirt to pull out his gun and his two comrades follow suit. They all aim their guns at the man. “Last time” one of the Commando members say. “Empty your pockets.”


The man looks on while three guns are pointed at him. It seems he is more interested and inquisitive than afraid. “I haven’t seen these models in years” he says. The men look confused at what he’s talking about. “These look like Revolution pistols. A series 92 if I’m not mistaken.” He begins muttering to himself while the gang members look on fairly, tense at the man’s nonchalant attitude. One of them decides to speak up. “You’re quite the talker” and c***s his gun. The man talks back to him “Excluding this comment, I’ve only said twenty-six words to sixty-nine from the three of your gaggle. Two actually, that one guy has been silent.”


“That’s not the point!” one member angrily says. At this point his hand is shaking out of frustration. “And what the s**t is a gaggle?” Disregarding the gang member, the man lifts his book back up to his face and continues to read. This makes all three of the gang members eyes twitch simultaneously.


“Do you have a death wish!?”


“No.”


Flipping a page, the man turns his back to the gang members and begins to walk away to the dismay of the gang members. They talk amongst each other.


“This is humiliating!”


“Yeah if this gets out to anybody, we’re getting laughed out the crew.”


“Forget the robbery! Just shoot! I tried being nice…as nice as a robber could be but some people don’t value their life that much!”


In unison, the three gang members aimed at the man and shot once. A second prior, the man turned and face the gang members and seen them pull the trigger. Nonchalantly, he held his book open and swatted away two of the bullets while tilting his head to the side and dodging the third one. The men look in awe while he closes his book and begins to speak. “I’ve studied a lot about guns. If I know what kind of gun you have along with how much pressure you’re putting on the trigger, figuring out the trajectory is plain sailing.”


“Let’s see how much plain sailing this is. Shoot at him until the clip is empty.”


The three of them start shooting and shoot until their guns are empty and all the while, the man is effortlessly dodging, swaying and blocking bullets with his book until he appears a few feet in front of the gang. “This is nettlesome now. You’ve fired twenty-seven bullets just now and have no more ammunition. I’m sure the F.O.R.C.E has been contacted about all this commotion. It’s probably in our best interest to leave this area.” One gang member tries to get one good hit in.


“Don’t tell us what to do you b*****d!”


Only a few feet now, the gang member attempts to pistol-whip the man but is instantly hit between his eyes with his book and falls to the ground. The man sighs and pulls his bookmark from his back pocket.


“I’m only doing this because I know you’ll follow suit.”


The remaining two gang members are puzzled before one of them sees the book flying towards them and the other sees the man’s bookmark. Both are hit at the same time and fall to the ground. The man’s book completely shuts when it hits the floor and the bookmark flew in the air for a couple seconds before being grabbed by the man. He bends over to pick up his book and wipes it off. “I’m sure someone will be here shortly.” he says while walking away. He opens his book and flips the pages to see where he left off and begins reading. Roughly ten minutes go by when he approaches a building only to be greeted by someone standing outside.


“What the s**t Soren! Hogging the debut chapter? Do you care about the rest of us?”


“I’m not trying to monopolize any chapter Jax. Isn’t Kidd the only one around right now?”


“Hmmm”


“And isn’t he sleep?”


“Perhaps.”


“Well Jax, can’t you be happy you’re included in the first chapter?”


“Whatever! What book are you reading right now?”


“This mystery book I picked up yesterday morning.”


“Let me guess…Around 700 pages?”


“657.”


“And how far are you?”


“Eighteen pages left.”


“You read too fast!”


“I would’ve finished but something came up on my walk.”


“People tried robbing you? And you probably pissed them off with your proper linguistics.


“That’s the study of speech, not how one talks.”


“That’s the crap I’m talking about! You probably pissed them off and they tried killing you and long story short, you threw your book at them and knocked them out?”


“Basically Jax, yes.”


“Geez Soren, I know you not allowed to fight but you should at least relish in kicking some a*s! It’s one of the best feelings in the world!”


“Not for everyone Jax. Everyone doesn’t have a passion for fighting like you do.”


“Pretty s****y way to live don’t you think?”


“Whatever you say Jax.” Soren remarks while walking into the building. Jax just rolls his eyes and follows Soren into the building.




© 2018 Saint Patrick


Author's Note

Saint Patrick
Please let me know what you think of the chapter!

This is my first time writing this way, so any help or tips is appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

written very well I never would of expected an underdog to take out 3 gang members that had guns pointed at him.and the robbery didn't go as planned they got knocked out.as I continued to read I knew this was intressing and you knew how to grip your audience with something unexpected good talent.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

it's interesting and kept me reading, so um nice job

Posted 5 Years Ago


Interesting write. Good detail and dialogue.

Posted 5 Years Ago


written very well I never would of expected an underdog to take out 3 gang members that had guns pointed at him.and the robbery didn't go as planned they got knocked out.as I continued to read I knew this was intressing and you knew how to grip your audience with something unexpected good talent.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
3 Reviews
Added on November 29, 2018
Last Updated on November 29, 2018
Tags: anime, manga, comics, cartoon, graphic novels, young adult, teens, mature, comic


Author

Saint Patrick
Saint Patrick

About
What's up WC! My name is Patrick and I'm an aspiring author! I enjoy anime and comics and enjoy writing about those genres. I currently am working on a story and hope to see it to fruition soon! more..

Writing