I am Malala

I am Malala

A Book by Sakshi
"

This is the story of a girl who stood up for the girls education and was shot by the Taliban.

"

No Chapters


© 2016 Sakshi


Author's Note

Sakshi
I will not deny that this book has given me goosebumps. It's unbelievable that in today's era where cancer like disease can be cured and people can survive for years on the moon, for that matter women went to the moon, girls are still not allowed to have education rights.
In the book Malala has stated the story of her native Pakistan, where Muslims fighting each other, where schools were blown up, where girls were not allowed to have education, where Taliban insists women be home slave, where Quran was misinterpreted, where people were killed because they show courage to raise voice, and in all this chaos there were people there who only pray for peace and there is this girl Malala who only wants to go to school and gain education.
The Taliban started bombing schools and decreed that girls couldn't get an education. Malala's father was a school principal and encouraged her to speak out. She was only 15 at the time, but threats were made against her and her family. And in October 2012, when she was riding the school bus with her friends, a man with a gun climbed aboard the vehicle and shot Malala in the head.

Amazingly, Malala survived the bullet and was able to recover. She and her family currently live in England, but Malala writes about how much she misses her home country and wishes she could return to be with her friends. Her graciousness was such that she did not wish revenge on her attacker, and instead prays for peace.

This book remind me of how much people take women,s freedom for granted. In the 19th century there was an antislavery movement that declared each human being to be self- owner. Omitting it, we forgot human being consist of male and females. The male followed the word equality and liberty to greatly to apply to them. But when it comes to the women beside him, the meaning of words change. Similarly, in the case of girls they merge two words freedom and protection. Here, is the example. Women have freedom to choose their clothes, but putting it on depends on upon the environment, place, society, age, and circumstances. And this all fuss is for girls own protection. Aren't women trapped by the consequences of their own freedom? Women protection is bound by rules and regulations where their right to chose consequently become limited, isn't it? Has woman’s freedom created its own predicaments? There are many more questions which are still unanswerable, and not sure will be ever answerable. WOMEN NEED FREEDOM TO LIVE, NOT PROTECTION TO HIDE.




My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on September 22, 2016
Last Updated on September 22, 2016

Author

Sakshi
Sakshi

Chandigarh, India



About
Hi, My name is Sakshi. I belong to Shimla, HP, India. Presently i am working as an HR Executive in city beautiful Chandigarh. This is brief information about me. NOW talking about my passion... I love.. more..

Writing
PINK PINK

A Story by Sakshi


I am enough I am enough

A Poem by Sakshi