Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by Sam Pembroke
"

Intro to the book

"

Hello, my name is Rebecca Claghorn Eccleston. I'm the daughter of the famous senator, but that isn't that important yet. I attend school in Hyannis at the state school. The reason I attend is because I have learning disabilities. I wanted to go to a prestigious boarding school, but my mother, Jessica would have none of it. My cousin, Emily Langdon lives with us. She's nice, but she can be strange too. Then there's my cousin Elizabeth. She's like a small child, even though she's ten years old. I was born on December 3rd, 1896 in Hyannis. My birth was treated like a celebration. A celebration that was important to the world.

Perhaps I could go into detail about my early life, but that isn't important. My life changed the day my cousin Emily moved in with us. That was the day my mother says my life changed. Was it for the better or for the worse? I couldn't tell. I remember my mother being up in arms with me, telling me that I had better be good when she arrived. How I waited. I waited in my room because she was angry with me that morning because my room was a mess. Maybe she couldn't see that that was how I liked things. I will begin my story the moment Emily arrived.



© 2015 Sam Pembroke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on October 21, 2015
Last Updated on October 21, 2015
Tags: introduction, autism, learning disabilities