Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by Samael17

        Elia slowly climbed the steps leading up to the Chantry and took in her surroundings. The Chanter’s Board stood just across the Chantry’s door, a statue of Andraste replaced one of a late Howe, and below life in Amaranthine moved forward. Elia approached the statue and knelt before it, giving a prayer that this wasn’t a set up and that the Maker would look upon her actions with clemency.

            Footsteps soon approached the Chantry. Raising her head slightly, Elia peeked at the stranger and sighed. A cloaked figure calmly came up the stairs and looked around. Upon spotting Elia, the figure sat at the bench closest to the steps. Here was her employer. Finally. No doubt a noble would need to conceal their identity when meeting a thief they mean to hire. Elia sat with the figure, who wasted no time commencing their meeting.

            “There’s an object I must have. Bann Franderel keeps it locked in his dungeon when he isn’t using it.” An aged female voice came from within the hood.

            “What is it? What does it look like? I need more information than that.” Elia glanced around cautiously.

            “I only know that it’s the only thing in the dungeon, guarded.” She paused. “And that it’s quite beautiful.”

            Elia sighed. This was hardly anything more than an errand, but who was she to complain when the pay was well worth it: 100 sovereign donation to the Chantry and 10 sovereigns to fill her coin purse. It was easy money. Elia laughed inwardly in disbelief, the things nobles do with their money. If she was willing to pay so much for it, why not buy it and be done with it? She stood up.

            “I’ll deliver it to you as soon as I get it. Next time, we meet on the farms outside of the city gates. I’ll send word for you to meet me once I arrive, until then Bann Esmerelle.”

            Esmerelle let out the slightest gasp as Elia walked passed her and down the steps. She needed to put some distance between herself and the Chantry. She should have denied the request to meet there, but Maker knew she needed the money. Elia crossed the threshold out of Amaranthine and was instantly relieved. She half expected an ambush as soon as she came close to the gates, no doubt the guards would have orders to not interfere, but that was her paranoia getting the best of her.

            Elia had her horse waiting for her on a farm not far from the gates. She handed the farmer 10 silvers for caring for her beast. After patting it’s neck, she mounted it and turned toward The North Road. It would be some time before they would reach West Hill, the haunted fortress, and daylight was quickly fading.


© 2013 Samael17


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on May 28, 2013
Last Updated on May 28, 2013
Tags: dragon, age, fanfic, fanfiction, sine, qua, non, romance, magic, game


Author

Samael17
Samael17

Los Angeles, CA



About
My name is Wendy, I'm 21 years old and writing has always been a major passion in my life. I've used writing to transport myself away from reality and want to take others on the journey with me into n.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Samael17


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Samael17


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Samael17