The Story So Far....

The Story So Far....

A Chapter by The Emmerson Witches
"

Welcome to Americus Island, home of the Emmerson Sisters. A short introduction to the novel The Emmerson Witches

"
The Emmerson Witches.

Americus Island, on the crest of the Massachusetts coastline, has always been a haven for unusual individuals with strange and unorthodox beliefs.

Sixteen year old Chime Emmerson, and her sisters, Angel and Evangeline, have lived on the island since childhood, after the tragic and mysterious death of their parents. The girls live their lives similar to ordinary teenagers, except for one very, very big difference.

The Emmerson sisters were born into a bloodline of witches.

Adding to their inherent knowledge of witchcraft, each possesses extraordinary, mystical and paranormal ability.

Chime, the youngest, but unknowingly the most powerful of the Emmerson clan, has owned the gift of telepathy for as long as she can remember. Along with Telekinesis " the ability to move objects at will " Chime’s strange talent is as much a part of her as her white-blond mane, and peculiar silver eyes.

More fiery than her long red-curls, Angel possesses a much more chilling gift than her sisters. For she is a clairvoyant, and communicates easily with the spirit world.

Sleek and dark as any Goddess, Evangeline Emmerson is already proving to be a remarkable witch, her knowledge of spells vast and daunting. Adding to the eldest sisters startling allure, is her power to converse with any living creature " human or otherwise.

There are many hidden things on the island of Americus.

When a dark entity disrupts the Emmerson household, Chime realizes it may only be the beginning of more evil, malevolent forces. As she battles a persistent attack of frightening spells, alarming hexes, and deadly curses, it appears that Chime is the sole target.

She is proven right when the supernatural occurrences increase with terrifying intensity, haunting Chime repeatedly with dangerous, ceaseless magic. Then the nightmares begin. Night after night, a demonic apparition chases Chime through the realm of her dreams, seeking a way to invade her.

Shaken, but determined to survive the bewildering assault, Chime is unsure who is responsible for her unseen torment. A striking stranger, Raphael, has only just recently entered Chime’s life and declared his immediate attraction to her. But Raphael had also confessed he is a Pranic Vampire " a being who feeds not from blood, but from the life-force of humans. Could it be her new love to blame, or a much more horrifying enemy? Hopelessly, it looks as though Chime may lose the fight against her invisible assailant, as the dark magic becomes life threatening.

However, Americus residents are familiar with evil sorcery; the island’s hidden past is shrouded by witchcraft, and they are not prepared to lose one of their own. The seemingly ordinary citizens form a secret coven to break the spell imprisoning the blonde teenager. With the help of Chime’s best friend Nim, an apprentice warlock, and a sinister mermaid called Marrakesh " Americus Island’s most powerful and bizarre inhabitants join forces. Without them, any chance of Chime regaining her life is doomed.

Together, the mystical assembly embark on the enormous task of banishing the malicious phantom possessing Chime. One small mistake could prove fatal and endanger Chime’s very soul, separating her from this world, and all those that love her, forever.

Ready to begin your journey with three bewitching sisters? Travel to the mythical, magical island where normality meets fantasy…voyage to the enchanted world of The Emmerson Witches.



© 2011 The Emmerson Witches


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on March 30, 2011
Last Updated on March 30, 2011


Author

The Emmerson Witches
The Emmerson Witches

Port Douglas, Far North Queensland, Australia



About
Hi there. My name is Samantha C Ross and I'm a both a photoghaper and feelance journalist living in tropical Port Douglas Australia. I've joined the writers cafe to promote my YA supernatural novel - .. more..

Writing