Blood-Bound Love

Blood-Bound Love

A Chapter by Samantha Slonina

 

Blood Defied

Young and so full of life; cut down in his prime by the silver kiss of an alluring teenage boy. Daniel squirmed on the ground as native blood seeped into every vein in his body. Dark blond hair tossed this way and that with uncontrollable movements; face pained he drew blood from biting his lower lip. His heart beat madly, struggling for the faint rush of familiar blood and stopped with a pain-stake quiver. Daniel fell limp on the ground and jerked violently; a cold pair of hands wrapped around him and embraced Daniel to the chest of that defiant boy.

With all the strength James could he hushed Daniel and held him tight. James moved Daniels hair out of his face and lightly kissed the top of his forehead. He caressed Daniels sweating brow and hummed as the boy struggled to hold onto life itself. Daniel finally grew quiet and James watched as his last breath seeped out into the world of another species. James bit back a cry as he watched the simple boy fall into death grip. He held his hand over his mouth and cried for Daniels redemption from hell.

James waited and smiled when Daniels eyes opened; dark maroon in color and empty from the hunger. “Daniel?” His face jerked towards James with a motion quicker than any human. He tilted his head, overcome by nausea and vomited from the rush that flew to his head. “Slow movements Daniel, they’ll help.” James quickly grabbed the necklace hanging around Daniels neck. The chain snapped and hung in James hand. “Certainly no need for this!” He smiled at the cross that hung inches from the ground and threw it with inhuman strength. Daniel weakly smiled and vomited for the second time.

“Come Daniel. It is time to hunt.” He pulled his newly formed blood brother to his feet and brushed off the dirt covering Daniel’s jeans. Being a newborn is the most critical time for a vampire. So hungry, scared, and confused. The young vampire nodded and followed the bright light reflecting in the eyes of his master, James.

They walked down the street with James hand wrapped tightly around Daniel’s hand. Eyes wide with fear, Daniel experienced the world from a far distant view. He no longer wished to reach out and touch the bars of a picket fence or smell the brightly colored flowers that surrounded each house they passed. He was so hungry; it burned his belly with an urge to kill!

James chuckled lightly, “In do time my dear Daniel.” James caught eyes with a boy no older than fifteen walking towards them with a glint of mischief painted on his delicate face. He swung his arms past a white cotton shirt and jeans rolled up to his knees. James held Daniels hand tighter and urged him not to move.

Startled, the boy stopped and glared wickedly at the teenage boys holding hands. “F**s!” he yelled.

Daniel flinched and moved an inch towards the alluring smell of the boy. The coursing blood calling him and the captivating scent that the boy’s skin produced sent shivers through his heart. James held even tighter to his hand and pulled him away. “You mustn’t.” He tugged Daniel down the street of picture perfect houses neatly lined up on either side. James took hold of Daniels face and brought him closer. “Not yet Daniel.”

Daniel whimpered and obediently followed his master to safety. James ran down another street and stopped in front of their new home. Abandoned and broken the house stood out from the neighborhood. James smiled and helped Daniel up the front steps. “Welcome to my home…our home, Daniel.” Another weak smile on Daniels part and he nearly collapsed. James expertly caught him just before Daniel hit the floor. “Defiantly time to feed.” He picked Daniel up with one arm wrapped around his abdomen and pulled Daniel into the house.

Plastic wrap covered the couches and the pictures that weakly hung on the wall. A tall handsome staircase stretched up in front of the door and wound its way into a distant hall. James closed the door with his foot and curled Daniel up in his arms.  

He quietly sat on the stairs and pulled Daniels mouth to his neck. It would have to do until Daniel learned to hunt properly. “Drink my love, drink.” Without hesitation, Daniel pulled James neck closer and savagely drank. James bit his lower lip and sighed from the blood loss. He held Daniel closer and let him take his fill.

James arms went limp and fell to his sides. Daniels grip tightened around James’s waist and tugged him harder. He pulled away and took a deep breath, his eye color softening. He starred at James for the longest time and rubbed his sore eyes with dirty hands. “Danké shone,” James questioned his words with inquisitive eyes, “It means, ‘Thank you, beautiful.’” James smiled and dropped his head against Daniels shoulder.

“Danké shone.” He repeated with amusement. “I’ll teach you to hunt tomorrow Daniel.” He nuzzled his head further under Daniels chin, “I’m much too tired to tonight.” Daniel wrapped an arm around James and watched the sun rise with the curtains lowered.

The sun cast a hypnotic glow that held their attention until their eyes dropped with exhaust. Each boy embraced the other in sleep and dreamt happily until they woke again to each other’s pale beautiful face.



© 2009 Samantha Slonina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on March 18, 2009


Author

Samantha Slonina
Samantha Slonina

Augusta, ME



About
Hello, My name is Samantha Slonina and I'm 21 years old. I enjoy writing and feel free to comment, I'd appreciate it. I must admit though most of my time is split between reading and work so I haven't.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Samantha Slonina