Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Monster Inside

Monster Inside

A Story by SamanthaMarie

The sky was grey and the air was cold. I could see my breath puffing out with every exhale as I was climbing up a steep grassy hill. It was fall, that's all I knew. The leaves crunched beneath my feet and the smell of damp earth filled my nostrils. It was beautiful, the trees alive with warm colors contrasting against the dull sky. Oranges, red, and yellows. It was my favorite season.

 

Finally, I reached the top. Below me, playing in a small clearing, were my little brother Isaac and little sister Lisa. I started to run towards them at full speed, with a sense of urgency. Something was wrong. Oh, so very wrong. When I finally reached them, they turned to look at me. Why were they looking at me like that? Their faces paled and their expressions read, what? Terror? I realized suddenly, that all along I was holding something. An axe. I looked down at it, confusion contorting my features. Wha--

 

That's when the anger took hold of me. It consumed my thoughts, my body, and my sanity. I lunged forward at my little brother first, then my sister. Hacking away like they were nothing, nothing  but garbage. My eyes filled with tears, I didn't want to, I wanted it to stop. I was screaming for help, for them to run away but I was shoved into a dark corner within my body by this...monster. I cried and cried but all the while cutting and chopping. Pieces of my adored siblings lay scattered around me, their screams and pleading for mercy filled my ears like the siren's song, it made the monster more hungry, more ruthless. Finally the veil lifted and I was left there...in a pool of blood. Warm crimson was all over me, my hands were shaking, my tears hot on my face. Regret and sorrow coiled in my stomach and clamped down on my heart. I couldn't breathe over my sobs, I was suffocating myself with my own misery and guilt. I let it happen, I welcomed death.

 

When I finally woke up I automatically let the tears flow. Do you know what it's like to meet the monster not under your bed...but inside?

 

 

© 2012 SamanthaMarie


Author's Note

SamanthaMarie
A nightmare I had in High School

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This has to be about the worst nightmare I've ever heard of. Terribly disturbing, it surely left an undelible mark on you. I don't think such a thing is all that uncommon, though, as I've heard other, similar stories. I once dreamt I'd killed my sister and buried her where no one could find her. I can't explain it, but imagine Sigmund Freud probably wrote something on it. Very well-written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


SamanthaMarie

11 Years Ago

Thank you, it's almost as if the thoughts you never bother to think of, like mutilating the ones you.. read more
You painted such a vivid portrait with words I was captivated. The first paragraph was the key I think. It really drew me into the story. Outstanding job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


SamanthaMarie

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much! Yeah, I've really learned to set the stage, so to speak. I'm so glad that you enj.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 3, 2012
Last Updated on September 3, 2012

Author

SamanthaMarie
SamanthaMarie

Detroit, MI



About
I'm a student currently working towards a degree in History. I love fiction and I've been inspired to write my own stories. Psychotic erotic. "The world has never yet seen a truly great and v.. more..

Writing
The Park The Park

A Story by SamanthaMarie