Familiar Strangers

Familiar Strangers

A Chapter by SamchelOTP
"

Rachel is devastated and Sam feels forgotten by their former bf/gf. They start to doubt wether or not their hearts will ever mend, but then an unexpected event introduces them to each other.

"

This is my first ever Samchel or just plain story ever. Bear with me and hope you like it !

Info: This episode takes place right after Original Song. A few details have changed but nothing important.

I don’t own anything, at all. Just my mind :)

Also, I take ideas. If you guys don’t like/really like how something goes I will totally listen and if I agree with you I will add it in.

Enjoy !

Featured song is by Selena Gomez and the Scene 

--------------------------

 

 

There is nothing worse than heartbreak. Nothing.

I can feel my chest rip, running to school as fast as I can and hoping to run away from my problems as easily as I was running away from Finn’s house at the moment.

I finally make it to McKinely after what seems like forever.

My heart sinks when I reach my locker and I don’t feel any better. Mental images of Quinn and Finn on his bed flash in my mind over and over again, no matter how hard I try to get rid of them. I gather myself up as best I can and get books from my locker. I open my locker, careful to avoid the mirror taped inside. If I see how bad I look I will burst into tears, the ones I’ve been trying hard to fight back lately. Especially since Fuinn happened.  

“So much for captain of the celibacy club”, I say to myself.

 

I’m glad it’s early so no one’s around to see me like this. Glee club members would ask me what was going on and other students would laugh at me or throw a slushie at my face, or a combination of both.

 

My face finally returns into its normal colour I walk to the Glee room to work on my songwriting. I take a seat at the piano and notice some sheet music was left there. I take my own music out and began to sing.

 

Turn my back, to the door

Feel so much better now

Don't even try anymore

Nothing left to lose

There's a voice that's in the air

Saying don't look back no where

There's a voice that's always there

 

And I'll never be

Quite the same

As I was before this

Part of you still remains

Though it's out of focus

You're just somewhere that I've been

And I won't go back again

You're just somewhere that I've been

 

I'm breathing in I'm breathing out

Ain't that what it's all about

I'm living life crazy loud

Like I have the right to

Know my words

In my mouth

Nothing left to figure out

But I don't think I'll ever break through

The ghost of you

 

And I'll never be like I was

The day I meet you

Too naive, yes I was

Boy thats why I let you in

Wear your memory like a stain

Can't erase or numb the pain

Here to stay with me forever

 

I'm breathing in I'm breathing out

Ain't that what it's all about

I'm living life crazy loud

Like I have the right to

No more words

In my mouth

Nothing left to figure out

But I don't think I'll ever break through

The ghost of you

 

One of these days

I wake up from this bad dream I'm dreaming

One of these days

I pray that I'll be

Over over over you

One of these days I realize

That I'm so tired of feeling confused

But for now there's a reason

That your still here in my heart

 

 

I'm breathing in I'm breathing out

Ain't that what it's all about

I'm living life crazy loud

Like I have the right too

No more words

In my mouth

Nothing left for me to doubt

But I don't think I'll ever break through

The ghost of you

 

Breathing in, breathing out

Breathing in, breathing out

Life I have the right to

No more words in my mouth

Nothing left to figure out

But I don't think I'll ever break through

The ghost of you

 

I can feel that familiar knot well up inside me again as I play the last few keys. I swallow back my tears and take a deep breath for control.

 

“Wow”, rings out a random voice.

I turn around abruptly and see Sam standing by the door with hands full of sheet music.

 

“What are you doing here so early?” I ask him with rudeness in my tone.

 

“Calm down, I wasn’t spying on you”. He holds up his papery hands in defense. “I came early to do some songwriting”, he says as he points to the other music sheets on the piano I had pushed to the side.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know”, I tell him as I gather my stuff.

 

“No, don’t go. That song was great”. He walks up to me.

I smile at this. I’ve always thought Sam hated me along with my music style.

 

“I’m trying to do that too”, he says with a sigh.

 

“Do what?” I ask him, puzzled.

 

“Sort my feelings out, write them down. Express myself. That’s the good thing about being dumped and forgotten.” His green eyes shine beneath the room’s lights. I can tell they are full of sorrow but still manage to look beautiful.

 

“What’s that?” I ask him, a bit uneasy. I’ve never seen Sam like this before.

 

“You get a good song out of it”, he answers and lets out a chuckle.

 

He knows I wrote that song for Finn. Well, it’s pretty obvious.

 

“It should be illegal to feel this horrible” I choke back at him, looking down at the floor before managing to build up the confidence to look up at him. His understanding, blue eyes and my brown equally as shimmering eyes read each other’s misery.

 

“Look”, he says, breaking the silence, “I know we never really talk but we should. I want to be friends, if it’s okay with you. I’m going through a tough time and could really, well, I could...”

 

“I could use someone too” I smile at him, taking another breath and fixing my favourite bright red knee socks I had worn for Finn, hoping he’d finally say yes to a duet with me while walking to school together, only to encounter the worst.

 

“Rachel. I don’t meant to be nosy or rude but you look like you saw a ghost ever since I walked in here, are you all right?  Am I that scary?” he holds his hand out and lightly rests it on my shoulder with a forced chuckle.

 

“I’m don’t think you want to hear what I’ve got to say. It’s about Quinn and Finn”

 

His face quickly changes from support to worry.  He thinks for a few seconds before finally nodding, ready to hear the horrible news.

 

“I went over to Finn’s this morning, hoping he’d finally agree to doing a duet with me for nationals. I knocked on the door and Kurt answered. He let me in and told me he’d heard Finn wake up over an hour ago, showered, dressed and ready to go so I went over to his room hoping to surprise him. He was blasting music incredibly loud. I opened the door a crack and saw. I saw them doing it!”

My puffy eyes once again are ready to burst.

 

“Doing it?” his face is full of surprise and just as much disappointment as mine, “But she’s the president of the celibacy club”

 

“Do you really think she’d follow the rules now if she’s broken them before?”

 

“You’re right”, Sam drops his hands on his knees as he sits on the chair closest to him.

 

“It shouldn’t come as a surprise to us”, I say even though we are both still very surprised.

I take a seat next to him and put my hands on his knees. He looks up and turns his head in my direction with a smile, and I smile back at him.

 

“You’re beautiful Rachel, even though you don’t think so. Anyone that doesn’t see it is a moron”

 

“And you’re smart, Sam, even though you don’t agree. Anyone that doesn’t see that is delusional”

 

We let out a chuckle and stare at each other, more laughter following.

 

“What’s so funny?” Mr. Shester bursts in. He has a look of suspicion plastered all over him.

 

“Nothing”, we both reply. We adjust ourselves on our chairs.

 

“Well, it’s nice to see you both smiling again. It’s been a while”

And he’s right. I has been a while.

---------------------



© 2011 SamchelOTP


Author's Note

SamchelOTP
First time writing, don't kill me please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

=) good job

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

478 Views
1 Review
Added on June 2, 2011
Last Updated on June 12, 2011
Tags: Samchel, OTP, Glee, Fan made, Rachel Berry, Sam Evans, story


Author

SamchelOTP
SamchelOTP

Canada



About
A 17 year old girl that tends to daydream too much. I am team Finchel, Samchel and Kum :) I LOVE Rachel Berry and I LOVE Sam Evans. They're my 2 favourite characters :) Oh, and I'm Canadian/Mexica.. more..

Writing