Wind, Berlin, 2016

Wind, Berlin, 2016

A Poem by Sami Coot

The wind today is different.


It doesn't race through you, angry, like a business man in rush hour catching a tube. 

It doesn't sweep majestically down the street and seep into your bones like the winds here so often do. 

It doesn't freeze you to the core.


This is an English wind. 

It's indecisive, indirect, friendly, polite almost.

It gathers you as you step outside the door, playfully prancing around. Like an old friend it pushes you this way and that, it shows you a world of opportunities rather than insisting you march in one direction. It swirls around your body, flinging hair in face and skirts around legs.


Then suddenly it's gone, whisked away to a pile of paper further down the street which it attacks with gusto, churning it up into the air in a small whirlpool and letting it settle again in a different pattern, a hesitant artist.

As you watch it perform, it evokes memories of dry stone walls, summer rain, bubbling streams and rustling leaves. You can almost smell the fresh grass, feel the sun on your back, hear the buzzing hum of summer days, trilling lapwings circling above.


Suddenly it's returned to you, mischievous and warm, and it catches your breath and makes you smile.

Because, as it flutters little fairy wings in your face in the cold and lonely Berlin streets, it reminds you what it is to be alive.  

© 2016 Sami Coot


Author's Note

Sami Coot
My first post, feedback always welcome but be gentle with me!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Then suddenly it's gone, whisked away to a pile of paper further down the street which it attacks with gusto, churning it up into the air in a small whirlpool and letting it settle again in a different pattern, a hesitant artist."
My favorite bit. The wind could be a marvelous imagery akin to life too btw! Keep writing!
~M.Babu~

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sami Coot

8 Years Ago

thanks, you too!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
1 Review
Added on January 28, 2016
Last Updated on January 28, 2016

Author

Sami Coot
Sami Coot

Berlin



About
New to the literary world, have a read- feedback always welcome more..

Writing
For Roy For Roy

A Poem by Sami Coot