Chapter 1- Obsession

Chapter 1- Obsession

A Chapter by whatsupsam
"

Will be finishing each chapter in small parts, I'm sorry :(

"

His hands were moist from anxiety. His feet edged ever so closer to the brim of the black perpetual hole. He peered down to analyze the darkness, hoping his eyes would adjust. Then he would  have some idea of what was waiting for him. Overwhelmed by the vastness, his feet pulled him a small step backwards. He took a deep breath and rubbed his tanned hands over his even darker face. Sweat , dirt and hay clung to his clothes and body.

Deep breaths, he thought. But the deeper he breathed the more his chest pained. He combed his lilac hair out of his eyes and stared again into the darkness. I’ll be leaving everything behind, he thought to himself.


“ But I know with all of my heart that I need to go down there.”


Finally, he willed his feet to return to the brim. He took a quick breath as if diving into a pool and he jumped.


“Levi!” a voice behind him shouted.


Before he could turn to look at the voice it was too late, he had already taken the plunge.  There was a sudden tight feeling around his ankle.  A quick, strong tug at his left leg  sent him colliding into the wall of the hole beneath him. His head crashed against it , causing chunks of dirt to break away. 


Levi blacked out.



© 2015 whatsupsam


Author's Note

whatsupsam
More of the chapter will be uploaded soon, I'd first like some feedback on the plot, setting, atmosphere and general feeling towards this entry.
Positive and Negative reviews welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was really great :D it really got me interested and sucked into the story. cant wait to read more

Posted 8 Years Ago


Nice start. Definitely captivating. i look forward to reading more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Hi! This was a great first chapter. The atmosphere was tense, and I could imagine myself there. I'd like to see more of this so please update as soon as you can! Have a great day :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

whatsupsam

8 Years Ago

thank you so much!! I'm actually working on the next bit right now. I was thinking of making that th.. read more
Maja

8 Years Ago

Sure! :D Upload it soon please! :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2015
Last Updated on July 1, 2015
Tags: book;fantasy;SciFi;Adventure;fic


Author

whatsupsam
whatsupsam

About
I've recently started writing again. I stopped writing about 3 years ago. Suddenly after those three years I've gotten excited about writing, so here I am. A 17 year old , completely novice writer, ho.. more..

Writing
Jump Jump

A Book by whatsupsam