Touching Spirit Bear Alternate Ending

Touching Spirit Bear Alternate Ending

A Story by Samuel Collier
"

Recently I found a book called "Touching Spirit Bear" I loved the story but the ending was a bit dry. Through my ending probably wasn't the best replacement and it was very dark. Please give feedback

"

Touching Spirit Bear



“Then fight, you coward!” Peter screamed like a madman.

“I’m not going to fight you.” Cole shouted as the next angry kick to his stomach sets him gasping, “I know how you feel, but this is the wrong way to get through it.”

Peter yells, the sound echoing around the forest. “You have no idea how I feel!” Another kick connects with Cole’s chest, “The pain, the mockery; my own parents are getting tired of me, my life is over because of you.” He stands over Cole, a smile creeped across his face. He felt something break, he felt his mind slip. But he didn’t care, he rode the river of madness. He laughed, a laugh of a madman. A laugh that scared him but he continued. Slowly he reaches into his back pocket and pulled out a knife.

Cole’s eyes widened, “What… what are you-”

Peter jabbed his knee into Cole’s stomach, knocking the words out of him. Peter grabbed Cole’s arm, pinning him, “You have no idea.” Peter lowered the knife to Cole’s thumb, “No idea at all.” He drove the knife down. Blood spurted from the newly severed finger, Cole screamed in pain, tears rushing down his face, crying as he begged for mercy. But the more he pleaded, the more the voices in Peter’s mind urged him, “ Do it. Do it. Do it.” Peter smiled, “You used these hands to hurt me. Now I take those hands from you.” He took another finger from Cole, and another. Each time joy welled inside him causing him to laugh. This feeling, to him, was like a drug. He wanted more and more. Another finger off, Peter giggled uncontrollably as he had had an idea. Slowly he reached down and picked up the finger. He tilted his head almost until it snapped, and pushed his finger into his mouth, “Come on Cole, eat up.” He said almost in a trance. He couldn’t hold it back any  more, he let out a laugh. He laughed and laughed, the sound echoed in the treetops. He laughed and he would have continued if it had not been for the foot connecting with his jaw. Pain flared in his jaw, that of which soon turned to anger. He got up and faced Garvey.

They circled each other for a bit, until Garvey yelled, “Edwin, NOW!”

Peter whirled around, seeing no one he turned back to his opponent, who was running away with Cole slung over. Peter cursed and sprinted after them.

When he caught up they were already in the boat, sailing away. His parents were being held back by Edwin, while Garvey tended to Cole’s wounds, who had long since passed out. Anger boiled inside him, he hurled the knife at the boat, which fell short by a few meters.

An hour later Peter was staring at the horizon, not believing what he had just done. He wandered the beach until he reached the cabin. Then something clicked, he realised that this cabin was of Cole’s making. The boy that wrecked his life. The anger blurred his vision, as he grabbed some lighter fluid, spraying it on the walls, and lit the shack ablaze.

As the house burned behind him, Peter walked into the forest, crying.

“Rawr!”

A roar came from behind Peter. The spirit bear had wandered up behind him.

“Go away, don’t you see I have things to do.” He yelled.

The bear continued towards him, “Rawr?”

Tears streaked his face, as he shouted, “Go away… I’ll kill you!”

He jumped at the bear, pulling the knife. He knew he would win. He knew he would-

“Slash!”

* * * * *

And with that Peter died on a beach in the middle the Bering Sea. He died in the same way that Cole almost did, but there was one difference between the two. Cole gained the trust of his friends, but Peter he gave into the madness, resorted to anger and violence when Cole had chosen kindness and pity. A repeat of circumstances with a difference, maybe he could have lived, with another choice, another ending. But this is the ending you searched for, asked for, and it’s the one that you get.

THE END


© 2016 Samuel Collier


Author's Note

Samuel Collier
I suggest reading the book it's great, also Touching Spirit Bear, all characters, and scenes are property of Ben Mickaelsen as well as any and all other respective owners. All of this story has been used for the purpose of critique/ parody under fair use.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

570 Views
Added on June 8, 2016
Last Updated on June 8, 2016
Tags: Dark, Endings, Gory

Author

Samuel Collier
Samuel Collier

Lawton, OK



About
I'm a pretty nice guy, I'm decently funny. I love to cook and write. I dislike most sports, but I do like to play chess, cricket, tennis, and soccer. I love playing music and can play around 10 instru.. more..

Writing
Silence Silence

A Story by Samuel Collier