AtNature'sClassroom

AtNature'sClassroom

A Story by Samyuktha Poornima
"

Nature teaches a lesson to the human race

"

"And Nature Laughs At Human Race"

                        

It was a calm sea.. Sunday morning… An old man was walking on the seashore. He looked gently at the sea and smiled. Two passersby thought he was mad. They whispered about him and started to laugh. The old man was hurt deeply. He called one among the passers. He began to tell this story as I am telling you all through this story.


This sea shelters so many people. These people are a way different from human beings. They are called Sea Sepoys. The passer laughed again. The old man asked him to listen to him for a while and would repent for laughing. He resumed the story. Once in the shore, there was heavy rain. People began to depart from the shores. The people living in the sea saw all these. The sea was also giving birth to waves. Few waves became high-tides. People on the shore got scared. They cried aloud and started to spread hither and thither. The people from the sea chased the waves trying to get on the shore to save these people… to convince them not to get frightened. But these devil tides reached several kilometers. Many couldn’t run, a few lost their lives struggling with the waters. The people from the seaside were upset. The eldest among them, Kalya, stopped a few people from going to the shore and saving them. They burned in wrath. They did not listen to him at all. Kalya was as calm for a while. Beyond a limit, he yelled in madness.


He began to say this story to them. “ Dear sea sepoys, not that we are not united, I did not stop you people,  to break our unity. If we help somebody there must be a cause, the person should feel and we should not regret helping them. These high waves from our sea are called, ‘Tsunami’. You know why the sea has behaved like this today? The people living on the shore are called human beings. Over centuries, their behavior towards each other has changed. A lot of negative vibes like poverty, greed, jealousy, envy, anger, cunningness, evilness has all surrounded them. They all have lost the value that they had for each other over several centuries. They lost unity… people lost respect.. Money is being considered as the prime source of status and living.. The sea, land, air, water and everything around them have been exploited for money as an ultimatum. The sea has now released its curse on them. These devil waves will not only carry money, but also property, lives and all the evil deeds they have and had. It will bring them unity, peace, harmony and humanity…Let them learn.. Not only now.. Until they realize the value of humanity and being born and living as human beings, the nature won’t stop at them.. It will continue to show its wrath over and again… Do you now really want to go to the shore and help them.?”


They stayed back and watched them from the sea..Here ended the old man. Tears ran down the passer’s eyes. They apologized to the old man. The old man says.. “No no not to me, the entire human race should apologize to nature, for exploiting it, spoiling, contaminating its resources..High tides and rains will unite people one day. They will then realise the powers of humanity.. They will start to shower love on each other.. ..there lies the essence of life and there ends one’s life when he realises all these… I have realised it” , he walks towards the sea. The passers by shouts at him.. “Listen!! Don’t be foolish or don’t die..many are awaiting on the land to hear such morals, May be your grand children…” He never turned back. They left the place.

After sometime… the old man laughs out aloud and vanishes under the waves.

The passer boys realised that the Nature Laughs At Human Beings. Obviously, when they go to people and tell this story, they will not believe and troll them in return. So some messages are just to be felt and not to be conveyed.



© 2017 Samyuktha Poornima


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

524 Views
Added on July 29, 2017
Last Updated on July 31, 2017

Author

Samyuktha Poornima
Samyuktha Poornima

chennai, Tamil Nadu, India



About
A passionate writer who wishes to spread optimism and motivation to the world. more..

Writing