A Date Con Tacos

A Date Con Tacos

A Story by Sammie Sanchez
"

My first date

"

My first date was just outside my high school.
I was just coming from my step team practice and him from drum line. So together we walked to a taco stand next to our school.
It was about a good 5 minute walk but it was cold and no sidewalk with cars flying by only a couple feet away. Did I mention it had been rain earlier?

So walking in halfway mud and cold wind to the taco trunk, I realized I really wanted these tacos.

We finally get there and order, we were the only ones there
It's outside obviously and we sat a table. The guy who was working there was watching us so we stayed quiet and awkward.

I start getting bored so I tapped on the plastic table.
Tap
Tap tap tap tap
Tap tap tap

If you were a 90s kid then you know.

What I forgot was obviously the guy working there was older and the said awe.
I was so embarrassed and turned so red like a tomato that my boyfriend and the guy working died laughing.

The guy working also turned out to own the place so he gave us extra tacos and they were amazing.

And with a mouth full of tacos, my boyfriend tapped back
Tap
Tap tap tap tap
Tap tap tap

I smiled which was not the best idea because I had a mouth full of taco.

Later the owner slid us a free dessert, when we started to tell him no, he said,

"When I was growing up, on my first date with my girlfriend, who later became my wife, we ate tacos and talked about life and near the end I knocked on the table like you did. After that we left and ate sopapillas. It's nice to see the world repeat itself."

It was generous of he to give them to us so we ate them with giant smiles on our face and left.

Later that night we called each other and talked about how gross the sopapillas were.

We are still together to this day.

© 2017 Sammie Sanchez


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's great and I'm so fascinated about the expressions they are so realistic!! !!!!
Awesome work, looking forward to reading more!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
1 Review
Added on January 7, 2017
Last Updated on January 7, 2017

Author

Sammie Sanchez
Sammie Sanchez

Waskom, TX



About
18 now. - as of the end of 2018 lol- Just message me. I haven't written anything in 2 years now but I wanna start writing again Add me on snapchat or instagram @samz2767 Any other questions/review.. more..

Writing