What Love Taught Me

What Love Taught Me

A Poem by Sammie Sanchez
"

In this poem "Love" is a person

"
What Love taught me.

The gossip of Love, in which Love prolongs was vile, when turns of the worst would make it turn to a smile.

The crooked kind that's sends shivers down your spine, there nothing can withhold it's gaze.

Once Love stared at me as though I was a child, young, pure, filled with false truth about what romance would might be in my life once at the end, but Love was a cruel teacher.

Love wanted me to see, wanted me to see the real things about Love, the ugly things about Love that no one could show me that but the cruel and dark parts of the heart in which Love kept.

Love likes pulling pranks, the kind in which pools small giggles and laughter, from everyone but the victim.

I saw the prank coming from a mile away but it's one of those you can't help but go through. I saw Love sprinkle seeds of temptation into the girl's hair that I hadn't even known . Day in and day out I would crave to see her, wanting to know what she was like. To know her touch inside and out, to know how she feels against me, instead of him.

When they would kiss, my stomach would turn inside out know that she didn't even recognize my love, she didn't recognize me.

How cruel of Love to do such a heinous act upon someone else's heart but what is Love supposed to do, sit around go the easy route ? After almost an eternity of continuous Cupid jobs that Love should not have done. Love, I can understand that you have to make it exciting once in awhile.

So shred my heart and rip my emotions apart, knowing that you can always torture me but leave it to me to be the only one tortured. I know this sounds like a death sentence or death wish, I can't tell which it is, but I'd rather it be me than the girl I used to Love or the boy who I was jealous of, because
Love is a cruel teacher.


© 2017 Sammie Sanchez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very well written. I think we’ve all been to that place at least once. Love is the ultimate teacher of “Tough Love.”

Posted 6 Years Ago


Love most definitely can be cruel. Fortunately, love can also be good.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2017
Last Updated on January 10, 2017

Author

Sammie Sanchez
Sammie Sanchez

Waskom, TX



About
18 now. - as of the end of 2018 lol- Just message me. I haven't written anything in 2 years now but I wanna start writing again Add me on snapchat or instagram @samz2767 Any other questions/review.. more..

Writing