Family

Family

A Chapter by Sanjna

* sometimes, family is just those who want to see you smile always and those who love you, no matter what *
She was just 16 years old when she found him all wrapped up in a basket at her doorstep.  So a mom she became, cause that's what he needed then. Somebody who would provide food and shelter and all other basic necessities. 
Then he needed a friend. So did she. And that's what they became. He would wait for her until she came back from college and then listen patiently while she talked nonstop about everything that had happened that day. Then they would go for walks in the park or play in the house itself. He filled in for the absence of siblings in her life and just like siblings they would fight sometimes. She would be sad about something and would take it out on him but he still won't mind and would try everything just to make her smile again. She learned that not all love was conditional, age differences never mattered in friendships and that family weren't just blood relations. 
He passed away when he was 5 yrs old. She was inconsolable for days. 
It was only when her parents got her another bundle, in another basket for her birthday, that she realized she could love someone all over again. She wasn't going to be lonely anymore. 
Dogs could be a girl's best friend too :) 


© 2016 Sanjna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on June 16, 2016
Last Updated on June 16, 2016


Author

Sanjna
Sanjna

Writing
Dreams Dreams

A Chapter by Sanjna


Minimize Minimize

A Book by Sanjna