Journal of Emasus Deed ||

Journal of Emasus Deed ||

A Chapter by Charlie

 

Peacetime 15, 2058

A dangerously high tree

Noon

I better write it down now while I've got the chance. Remember, I want the world to know the truth about who I was when they find this journal.

I can see two worlds. The world I live in, through the right eye, and the Otherworld through my left eye. I keep a plain black eyepatch over the left one to keep the two seperated, and my hearing can switch over at will.

That's it. The big whoopee. The whole reason I was kidnapped. The reason my whole family's been killed.

Except for Ma. She's a murderer.

And Julius. He's too busy getting killed by strangers.

My regiment was all killed last night. Some fellow Eastsiders from another regiment got confused in the darkness of night and killed everyone. The only reason I got away was because I had switched my eyepatch to my right eye and spent an hour Over There, climbing the side of a building and keeping watch for a soldier who looked like my girlfriend from back home. Well, in this world I climbed a tree. The killers were still down there when I woke up, but by then they had already realized their mistake. Of course, it was too late for Mishka, Lia, and Tavo.

More later. I promised Mishka I'd write home to her kids if something happened to her. Luke's eleven, Enna's five.

Sometimes I hate this war so much I think I'd rather be dead than fight in it.



© 2012 Charlie


Author's Note

Charlie
Still two different characters. They'll meet eventually and it won't be so confusing, I promise. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on March 7, 2012
Last Updated on March 7, 2012


Author

Charlie
Charlie

About
Well, I have moodswings like crazy, so beware my wrath. Chocolate and music and fried chicken sooth this savage beast. I drink coffee every other weekday morning and drink tea every chance I get. I ca.. more..

Writing