An Alliance Formed

An Alliance Formed

A Chapter by Charlie

Ananiel stood waiting at the gates for her brother upon his return. She wore a curiously anxious expression upon her face, eyes darting and pleading, begging for some obscure thing. Her lips trembled into a smile, a frown, a smile. She didn't know what her new emotions were doing.

 

"How was it there?" she inquired, attempting in vain to keep her desperation for information in check. "What season is it now?"

 

Not understanding what she was asking, Castiel answered, "It was nighttime."

 

Ananiel stifled a sigh. She knew high levels of patience would play a large role if she were to get anything out of poor innocent Castiel.

 

"Well. Did you find the Righteous Man?"

 

To her paralyzing surprise, her brother's lips flickered at the corners.

 

"I found him, yes," he said, "But he is not much of a man yet, let alone the Man."

 

Ananiel tried for a poker face, yet she could feel the ripple of expression pass. Castiel, however, even if he failed to notice, made no remark. Of course he didn't; Castiel made no judgements of anyone or anything. His sister didn't know if this were a good or a bad thing.

 

After the initial shock of her brother's reply, the entirety of what he had said was fully processed and Ananiel was stunned once more.

 

"You mean to say he is newborn?" she asked, both scandalized and intrigued.

 

"Yes."

 

"Did you . . . did you witness his birth?" To witness the birth of a human child made an angel a true guardian, whether said angel was trained for it or not.

 

"No. But I stayed with him for some time into his first night." He looked around, as if someone unsavory might be listening in. "He could see me, Ananiel."

 

"What?!"

 

"He could see me."

 

A human seeing an angel without being allowed?

 

Unheard of!

 

Impossible!

 

"Nephilim," Ananiel breathed in total awe. "It is the only way . . ."

 

"I do not know," Castiel said defensively, "But, after all, he is the Righteous Man."

 

"Or will be," his sister reminded him.

 

"Or will be," the rapidly-changing angel allowed.

 

"Castiel. Listen to me. I do not ask you of favors often, but I . . . I must go. With you. Please. The next time you visit Earth, may I . . . May I go with you?"

 

Castiel faltered; the Father hadn't decreed anyone but him fit for this mission. Ananiel nor no one else was involved.

 

But . . . she so wanted to go, it seemed . . .

 

As if reading his conflicting thoughts, his sister quickly said, "Please, Castiel! Our Father doesn't have to know!"

 

"I . . . I am sure . . . Ananiel, you could just inform him of--"

 

"Please, Castiel."

 

After some time of inner struggle, Castiel caved.

 

"Alright," he said, testing out the idea of the thing by affirming it aloud. Then, a bit stronger,  "Of course. We leave at dawn."



© 2012 Charlie


Author's Note

Charlie
This chapter is pretty boring. Sorry! I just had to get it off my chest, so to speak.
Enjoy!~

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on March 10, 2012
Last Updated on March 10, 2012


Author

Charlie
Charlie

About
Well, I have moodswings like crazy, so beware my wrath. Chocolate and music and fried chicken sooth this savage beast. I drink coffee every other weekday morning and drink tea every chance I get. I ca.. more..

Writing