Shiromani

Shiromani

A Story by Sanhorsey
"

Shiromani is an ichhadari nagin, meaning she has the rare ability to change her shape.

"
Being an ichhadari nagin, Shiromani's true form is a snake. She has the rare ability to take the shape of any living being she wishes to. Normally she likes to be a girl with olive skin, green eyes and black hair made up in a plate. The only thing is every 24 hours she will have to transform back into her original form, which is a black cobra  approximately 5 feet in length.
Ichhadari nagins are known to be vicious creatures, bringing carnage wherever they go and are feared by all. However, Shiromani is normally very gentle and does not try to hurt anyone, thus going against her true nature. She resents the fact that she is an ichhadari nagin because of the way she is viewed by people. She tries to hide the truth from everyone, even her best friends. However, as time passes and people discover her secret and she learns the true extent of her powers and starts resenting them less and takes it more as an advantage she has over others.
She generally tries to rely on her wits to get out of tricky situations. She loves learning about elixirs and potions which she can use to make subtle changes in the environment.
She also can be quite seductive if she wishes to be so.

© 2016 Sanhorsey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Zoe
I quite like this character! Very interesting, I'd like to read a fiction with her in it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sanhorsey

7 Years Ago

Thanks. I am not currently writing fiction about her, but I plan to do so.
creative Marie

7 Years Ago

I find this character real interesting, I like how you added at the end that she dabbles in elixirs... read more
For Shiromani, I think that the word that you were thinking for her hair is a plait, not a plate. I've got a great picture of her in my mind, well done on describing her. I had never heard of a ichhadari agin - looked it up and was surprised to see that this creature exists in Indian folklore. Not sure where the story is going. Is it complete?

Keep up the good work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sanhorsey

7 Years Ago

Thanks! I have actually been working on other stories recently.
This is very interesting. I enjoyed learning about this shape shifting character. She sounds kind but has to fight her not so kind nature. This has the potential for an exciting character in a will written story.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sanhorsey

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot!
Coyote Song

7 Years Ago

You're welcome.
I am an old person, stuck in my ways, so I'm not very good at reading things that are new & imaginary, such as this beginning to a story. I'm also not a fan of violence, our world has too much of that already, so I don't want to read about it for pleasure. Please excuse me for my personal preferences, but I have confidence you will find many younger readers who enjoy your fantasy warrior style.

I understand from one of your comments that you wrote this as a character profile, which is a good exercise to practice on, becuz developing characters is one of the most important parts of writing. I would suggest that you take this exercise to the next step . . . instead of TELLING us about your Shiromani, maybe you could write a companion piece where you SHOW instead of tell (which is the best part of good writing).

Here's an example, altho I know you would do it in your own style, with your own imagination . . . instead of saying "Shiromani's true form is a snake" . . . another way to SHOW that is to describe her slithering along, showing us what her scales look like, for example, then showing us that she is changing into a different form. That way, we SEE this about her, instead of being told this is the way she is.

Most importantly, have fun! Thanks for sharing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sanhorsey

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for reviewing and for your advice.... I agree that showing is most often better than te.. read more
barleygirl

7 Years Ago

Exactly! . . . about the "conversation" idea . . . many ways to do it!
interesting plot, I've heard a lot about ichhadari nagins. their stories are quite famous in india, i guess.
I'd like to read more of it!
keep writing :D

Posted 7 Years Ago


An interesting character. Reminds me of Ananszi. Not sure that this is a story, though. A little heavy on exposition.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sanhorsey

8 Years Ago

To be honest I made this for one of the contests 'of create a character,' and then got mixed up in t.. read more
David Jae

8 Years Ago

Don't worry. As a character, there is a lot of potential.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 14, 2016
Last Updated on January 14, 2016

Author

Sanhorsey
Sanhorsey

Sharjah, United Arab Emirates



About
I am 15 years old and am home schooled. Writing is my passion. Generally I tend to write about horses. I can't ever decide between horses writing, I love them both. more..

Writing
The Meeting The Meeting

A Chapter by Sanhorsey



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic