The Real Me

The Real Me

A Story by InsomniacWriter
"

I'm sick of the typical, "Hello, my name is Bob. I'm 10 years old and like playing football in my garden." For once I did think over about what to write about myself so here are the results.

"
My life normally abides with something similar to the physics law: "Minimum pressure exerts maximum pressure" (related to pistons) meaning I want success with a quark's worth of hard work.

As unrealistic as it sounds, I'm constantly switching between the cold reality and the world in my mind. I'm a soul with a body, not vice versa. When sleep sets me free at night, I can float to the universe of upside crowns and lie down in a hammock blissfully.

I get called 'creative' but you know what? I'm just a dope who got lucky with a pen. Lord knows what gives birth to insane ideas in my mind.

My thoughts are constructed in haikus and the memories run on film reel used in Film Noir. When out of my mouth, it's utter gibberish.

Just wandering around with dozens of labels for everyone to read and point. Maybe someone will come to peel them all off.

Who am I kidding? No one's going to bother. Everyday sonder collides with my sanity.

Books were my friends when no one wanted me and still I have to owe them for what they'd done all these years. I've only picked up the 'interesting' pieces and hopelessly attempted to stitch them together.

They say that you can love only others if you love yourself first. Tell me, why waste love and affection on myself when I can distribute it to everyone else?

God is my master. The Prophets are my role models. The Sahabas and the Alulbayt are my faucets of wisdom.

Planning never agreed to fuse with me- completely pessimistic about getting along with it in the future.

Death and I are best friends but he'll somehow hide the truth about the pain when I get too close to him so for now, we just write letters to each other with miles lying between us.

I commit sins unconsciously and good deeds by working my socks off for it.

In this advanced world, I'm chasing simplicity and feeling quite anxious about its ebbing existence. Call me square and lame but you'll realise why I'm right afterwards.

Hm, another thing. Sequence doesn't particularly like me either. Normally everything is spit-balled out without given a second thought. That explains the eruption of blether written above.

A wise brother of mine told me, "if you want to know about yourself, just ask." Oh, that means what I've blurted out is 101% biased and it's the others who can really judge. Wait, it'll seem weird if I hunt down people, just to know myself a little more.

Pretty sure no one'll give a flying go at reading this, I guarantee you.

Fin.

© 2013 InsomniacWriter


Author's Note

InsomniacWriter
Don't take it seriously. It's just me fooling around as always.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Never assume someone wont read something that you publish. As for the narrative, i'm new to this so don't carry my word to highly, but you were honest about everything it seems, just try not to turn your thoughts around to much. Just let the keys tell the story or whatever needs be said. Kudos for saying God is your master though.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 12, 2013
Last Updated on November 12, 2013

Author

InsomniacWriter
InsomniacWriter

Manchester, Lancashire , United Kingdom



About
·Let my writing do the talking· more..

Writing