Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by Saphire Stridon-Traencendyis

            “They’re looking at me; they’re all staring at me. Just leave me alone!” the blond haired girl screamed to the empty room that surrounded her. Daciana �" at only fifteen years old �"began to ponder what her last words would be, through all of her burning paranoia. The young girl wished death upon herself. She didn’t care that it was the easy way out. The thoughts that swirled around in her head were too painful.

            Her body didn’t seem like it was her own anymore, and her sense of reality had slipped away completely because her medications had stopped working. For so long, she had been getting better, her views on life were improving, her sense of reality was becoming clearer, and her paranoia had been dissipating. But on what seemed to be the drop of a hat, none of that mattered… none of that ever happened… she fell back into the darkness. Hard.

            She screamed for help into the night, but not before long, her English words were no longer clear, nor did they make any sense what-so-ever. Daciana had begun rambling on in another language that no one could understand… not even she could understand what she had been speaking of.

            The last straw before she was pushed into the arms of death had been pulled from the empty stack. False memory �" fear of one’s self �" had begun to sink in and would soon completely take over her body and mind. She had no hope left of ever being herself again… no hope of thinking straight ever again.

           

            She was shaking uncontrollably as she perched on the edge of death. She couldn’t help but smile, though. She actually liked the thought of dying. Not because she was crazy; but because she couldn’t handle the pain any more. She thought it would take away all of her pain… even though, it was such a selfish decision.

            Daciana had made up her mind, though. She had made her final decision; she was going to take every pill in the house in hopes of killing herself. But she had one last task, one last wish. She needed to know what her name meant.

 

            The young girl’s heartbeat spiked, and she had died that night; alone. No one knew what she found out about her name… no one but me. Not even the pack knew. I was petrified; there were so many questions. I was the last person she talked to… and everyone knew that. She never told me about what she had taken that night, though.

            Her voice sounded so calm over the phone… I had no idea she was on her death bed. At the moment, I had been so proud of her as the conversation carried on. She sounded as though she’d been keeping up on her medications, and all was going well. She had even finally found the meaning behind her name.

           

            Before, I was what I thought to be an ordinary high school student but, the morning after I had talked to Daciana and heard the news of her death; I knew who I was. I was no ordinary girl. I was smart, I was very smart….. But I didn’t act like it. I was talented in singing, dancing, and acting. But worst of all; I thought I was losing my passion of dance but really, my love was beginning to burn brighter than a thousand suns.

            I of course, blamed myself for her death. I should have known that something was wrong by the calmness of her voice… but now I was just lost. I could do nothing but cry until I physically couldn’t anymore. I would sleep away all of the free time I had and I would go about my days so wrapped up in my own world, I could barely hear when others talked to me. My days were not lived up to what they could have, or should have been. I just simply, went through the motions of each day like they were meaningless, rather than a blessing as each day passed by that I kept my life.

 

            She was like me, not another one of them. Daciana and I were two of the last few true-blooded wolves… we were not lycan like the rest. Our true form was a wolf, not human, nor anything else. We could only change into a wolf, unlike lycans who can change into other animals, as well. We took pride in this. But now, my eternal quest to find another true-blooded wolf begins.



© 2010 Saphire Stridon-Traencendyis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on April 21, 2010
Last Updated on April 21, 2010


Author

Saphire Stridon-Traencendyis
Saphire Stridon-Traencendyis

Grants Pass, OR



About
Bună Ziua. I'm Aurelia Regeane... and Night is my soulmate. First and foremost, I am a dancer. Dance is entwined in my soul... I have been dancing for 13 years now and this will be my third yea.. more..

Writing