Effective Ways to Treat Skin Discoloration Problems!

Effective Ways to Treat Skin Discoloration Problems!

A Story by Sara Biston
"

Skin discolorations are defined as any change in the natural skin tone. It may turn lighter, darker or have abnormal colouring. Normal skin has cells which are called melanocytes.

"
Skin discolorations are defined as any change in the natural skin tone. It may turn lighter, darker or have abnormal colouring. Normal skin has cells which are called melanocytes. These cells produce the skin pigment called melanin which is primarily responsible for the colour of the skin. Skin colour is determined by the level of melanin pigment produced by the body.

Types of Skin Discolorations

There are several kinds of skin discolorations. Here are the most common ones:

Hypopigmentation

This kind of skin discoloration is because of the decrease or the absence of melanin production. The skin becomes lighter in comparison to the normal colour of the skin. There are many particular types of hypopigmentation including tineaversicolor and vitiligo.

Hyperpigmentation

This is obviously the opposite of hypopigmentation wherein it is characterized by the darkening of skin colour. It is primarily due to overactive melanocytes which increases melanin production. Too much exposure to sunlight can also cause this kind of skin discoloration.

Other Types

There are also other types of skin discolorations which are not connected to melanin production namely yellow skin, paleness, redness, orange skin and cyanosis.

Causes of Skin Discoloration


There are many possible causes of skin discoloration. Essentially, it is caused by certain abnormalities in the metabolism of the body. Here are the basic categories which cause skin discolorations.

Diseases


In many cases, discolorations of the skin are due to underlying ailments like liver disease which causes yellow skin and albinism which causes white skin. There are many other diseases that cause skin discolorations. This is why it is recommendable to consult a doctor if you have some kind of skin discoloration.

Sun Exposure

Sun exposure can naturally make the skin darker. Too much sun exposure can cause skin discolorations like age spots which naturally appear as a person gets older. Age spots are merely a cosmetic problem and don't have any impact on your health.

Medications


Certain medications like birth control pills have been found to cause skin discolorations. Antibiotics like tetracycline and antimalarial drugs may also cause hyperpigmentation as a side effect in some people. Minocycline treatment which is for rheumatoid arthritis can also darken the skin as a side effect.
The Best Treatments for Skin Discolorations

There are many kinds of treatments for skin discolorations. The best treatment depends on the particular cause of the skin problem. Here are the most common treatments:

Natural Skin Brighteners


In many cases of skin discolorations, using a natural skin brightener is one of the most effective treatment options. You just need to make sure that the product you purchase is both safe and effective. You can refer to customer feedbacks and natural skin brightener reviews to find such products. Make sure that the product you end up purchasing doesn't contain harmful ingredients which can cause simple to serious side effects.
Advantages of Natural Skin Brighteners

There are many reasons why you should choose natural skin brighteners over their chemical counterpart. First of all, natural products are safer and the chance that serious side effects will occur is very slim. Secondly, natural products are as effective and in some cases are even more effective. The many good natural skin brightener reviews is proof of the safety and effectiveness of these products.

Skin Discoloration Procedures

There are also many procedures for skin discoloration like laser treatments. There is no doubt that these procedures are very effective. The main problem is that they can damage the skin and sometimes even make the problem worse. Also, the cost is very high going up to thousands of dollars. This is why most people prefer natural skin brighteners which are considerable cheaper.

Final Notes

To reduce the appearance of skin discolorations, you should also minimize sun exposure by avoiding sunlight or using protection like sunscreen or protective clothing. One of the fastest and most effective treatments is using a good skin brightening product included lumnaskin, skin bright, actifade. There are many natural skin brightener reviews to help you find the best products for your skin discoloration problem.


© 2013 Sara Biston


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats