The Odd Woman

The Odd Woman

A Story by Smwtdmgd

Three friends Robert, James and Simon meet at their juncture point at 6 in the evening. Simon to his friends,'Hey what's up everybody?' shaking hands with both of them. 'So, what's the plan tonight?' Robert replies,' I heard Chase has rented a flat somewhere near here. Let's get there and hangout for a while. We got weed right? Bet he has some booze for us to finish.' Everybody chuckle for a while and Robert gives Chase a call to get the right direction. All of them reach outside of the building as addressed. The house seemed awfully creepy and quite from the outside. There were no any sign of people staying nearby which gives Robert a cold chilling sensation. They call out Chase by their name and he looks from the window of the top floor. He yells everybody to come up. James remembers something and says in a very soothing voice,'Hey isn't this where that woman was killed because of the dowry situation?' Robert denies it although he is scared by the looks of the building and asks him to shut up. As they enter the building it gets even quieter and darker. The only light on each floor was a small yellow bulb with all the doors of each rooms locked from the outside. As they reach to the 3rd floor they see an old dog sleeping and making heavy breathing sound just by the stairs. As they were hesitating, Chase shouts out from the above to ignore the dog as he will do nothing and to just come up. They follow what he said and climb the stairs getting cautious, one by one. All of them reach the top floor and get inside Chase's room. 'Why the f**k is your stupid a*s in this creepy house Chase?' James yelling to get some answers. 'Well its cheap and far from my parents.' Chase replies with a grin on his face. Everybody takes their place to sit down and Simon lights up the cigarette adding,'I bet he is just trying to get laid with his girl, James.' Everybody laughs for a while and start drinking and smoking. After a while they are all high and tripping, then Robert starts to talk in a drunk voice,'Chase I heard there was this lady killed here by the groom and his family because her family failed to give dowry as requested. She was strangled to death and later buried in the ground floor of this very building.' Chase gets all confused not sure to agree or disagree on what he says and everybody gets silent for a while. After hitting a couple more shots Chase continues the conversation,'Well maybe yeah that was true but what I heard is that a boy about 9 or 10 years died falling from the 3rd floor. The old lady from downstairs says he had been acting weird earlier but on the day he died he was fine playing with his toys in balcony. As one of his toys fell down he decided to jump out of the balcony just to get the toy and died by cracking his skull wide open.' 'WTF!!??' James freaks out and asks everybody to leave. Simon refuses and asks anxiously,'How many people live here? On the way up I didn't see any one living here except the dog. Nobody lives around this building, do they? Why the f**k are you still living here? Don't you get scared?' Chase calmly replies,'Yeah I heard some creepy stuff but I have paid the rent.The owner of this house just lives across the street. And yes people live in this building. The old lady I just talked about and a middle aged man. He lost his mother 5 days ago.' Then everybody just freaks out but Chase insists on every one to stay and get high a little more.


After taking a couple more shots Simon and James lie down on the floor tripping while Chase and Robert still smoking and laughing, then all of a sudden they hear a knock on a door. All of them just turn pale and scared. Again, a harder knock. Chase thinks that its a her a girl at the door,'What is she doing here at this time?' He gets up and slowly reaches to the door to open it, when he opens up instead of his girl he finds a different woman. She was so beautiful with her white glowing skin but her clothes were all messed up and dirty. She seemed confused and angry. After having a clear glimpse at everybody she asks in a harsh voice,'Where is he?This is where Trent lives. Am I right?I'm talking about my husband.' Chase convinces her that he is the new tenant here and instantly she leaves without asking any more questions. As she leaves they could hear her silver anklet making the sound as she walks downstairs. Everybody starts to get scared and James stands up and says,'She was so nasty and beautiful at the same time. Right boys? Her face,.. nobody could tell what was on her mind, she was so emotionless.' Robert adds up more to what just happened,'Guys did you hear the sound of the anklet on her feet when she came up?' Everybody goes numb trying to figure out and answer 'No.' 'But everyone did hear when she went down right?' Simon replies in a shaken voice,'Yes, till the ground floor.'

© 2018 Smwtdmgd


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on September 21, 2018
Last Updated on September 21, 2018

Author

Smwtdmgd
Smwtdmgd

Kathmandu, Nepal



About
don't know what I am or what I was...still trying to figure it out...lot goes on my mind...non-stop! from a small country Nepal living in Kathmandu.love to smoke a lot of weed! love the loneliness but.. more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by Smwtdmgd


At Last At Last

A Poem by Smwtdmgd