This Vulnerable Space

This Vulnerable Space

A Poem by Sarah Rae

Everything is in perspective when you're in the sky, for just a hundred or two you can be thousand of miles up looking below at a million little people in little cars.


Up there you have no control to speak of.. say a few birds fly into the propeller or someone pulls out a well hidden knife. You're so vulnerable up there- like anything could happen. Anything could.


They tell people who are afraid of flying that you're more likely to die in a car then a plane. Yet you can still see people deep breathing, holding the hand of their partner as the plane lifts up into the air.


And as you get closer to the sky you can feel the grips of control slip slowly from your grasp till you have nothing left to hold onto and you're grabbing at branches as you fall to the ground.


But there are those who escape, pulling out their Ipads as soon as the pilot gives the okay, business men who need to get back to work: adults with better things to do then contemplate how completely vulnerable they     are.


You can truly experience the reality of daily life up there, in the sky, when you finally understand what very little control you possess, as you see the line where earth hits the air, the smoothest ever painted.


Even on the ground this reality is true, that you have lost control, or realized it's misplacement because it was never in your fist to begin with. Life changes in a flash and only in those moments of deep pain or terror or perspective do you realize that there's only One who has control.


What a beautiful thing to look out the tiny window at all of Atlanta and realize that your Father has it all.

© 2014 Sarah Rae


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really liked this. Really made me want to fly!

Posted 9 Years Ago


It like a surrender to a greater Cause known or unknow Showing you through a vision of falling over the worlds horizon seeing many causes and their effects of a lower reality. Now falling you are free in the surrender and are not in control but is Control.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 29, 2014
Last Updated on December 29, 2014

Author

Sarah Rae
Sarah Rae

Pittsburg, PA



About
I am twenty-one years old lady, from the beautiful state of Pennsylvania, although I attend college in Georgia. I usually just write in my journal and call it a day, but I think it's important to shar.. more..

Writing
Emanuel Emanuel

A Poem by Sarah Rae