Questions You Mustn't Ask The Jones

Questions You Mustn't Ask The Jones

A Poem by Sarah Rae

There are some questions that beg desperately for answers

                                       that are in a shadows and ally ways

                                       that are only secret wonderings of the soul

                                       that must be ignored daily

                                       that are required to be pushed back under the darkest of blankets of our logic

                                       that are born into everyone, but no one will acknowledge because they are far to deep and we like them there, hidden and ignored, far too much to let them see the light.


So these question asks you, that apparently I seek the answers, I ask you what they are and may I ask them with you?

And if you were to ask, I know I would refuse, I've told too many and they only get abused.


So you beg and you plead, making promises you can not keep, but since I practice vulnerability they will                                                                         soon be unraveled. 


At first you count it lovely as you answer at no cost, flawlessly your words flow of plastic love and artificial sweetener, you speak it with your pinkie up and assume I think it elegant.


But wrong you are as I watch you put water into your sinking ship. The heaver it gets the more clueless you become.


But my questions of life come sooner and weren't anticipated.


As I open my mouth and the questions drown you in their honesty, you gasp for breathe as you quickly answer, soiled by your greed and excuses.


And in the end you look as me as a lunatic, although deep down you understand and want to set yourself free.


[Questions:

       Surface: Would you rather have your children be happy or someone else's children live another day?

        Life: So what're you doing for Christmas this year? Gifts for your children or food for another's?


       Surface: Do you value your looks more or someone else's health?

       Life: How much you spend on makeup, jewelry, and clothes versus are there people in need


       Surface: Would you rather have desert at your house or be able to provide food for another family?

       Life: When's the last time you got desert?]


And it's meant not as a guilt trip, but rather a reality check and yes, I know it's more complicated.

But Christians of America, What do you value?


© 2014 Sarah Rae


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very cryptic but very nicely done. The structure confused me at first but it's growing on me. I liked the addition of the questions as well, very interesting. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 29, 2014
Last Updated on December 29, 2014

Author

Sarah Rae
Sarah Rae

Pittsburg, PA



About
I am twenty-one years old lady, from the beautiful state of Pennsylvania, although I attend college in Georgia. I usually just write in my journal and call it a day, but I think it's important to shar.. more..

Writing
Emanuel Emanuel

A Poem by Sarah Rae