the start of magic

the start of magic

A Story by Saranda
"

An ordinary girl beings to receive little notes within magic glass bottles.

"

                I closed the book and looked up, soon feeling my lips part into a large grin. It happened again. Little sweat beads started to tickle my palms as I started to process the emotions that quickly washed over me. Another little bottle was perched right on top of the table I was sitting at, glistening and begging for me to open it. I could feel the anticipation filling my bones and boiling my blood. Soon enough, I could bare anymore excitement and quickly grasped the bottle and pulled the cork out. Inside, I saw the delicate slip of paper and squeaked quickly under my breath. Slowly pulling it out of the bottle’s grip, my gaze rushed to read the anonymous note.

You're beautiful. I think, maybe, the most beautiful thing about you is your smile. It's dazzling. Please never let those gorgeous smiles vanish.”

I could feel my joy spread throughout my face, wrinkling my cheeks and exposing my little dimples. The words scripted with chicken-scratch handwriting found their way into my heart. I still haven’t found who these wonderful little messages in a bottle were coming from, but I was just completely thankful for them. After allowing my eyes to skim over the sweet words once again, I slowly took a glance around the library. Seeing no movement or any out of place people, I was once again stumped as to who left these beautiful notes. Slowly, inch by inch, my fingers moved to retrieve my book. No matter how badly I wanted to see the mysterious one, he never came when I was anticipating him. I let myself become lost within my book once again, patiently waiting for another piece of beauty from him.

© 2012 Saranda


Author's Note

Saranda
Prompt: write about an ordinary person who suddenly starts noticing little magical things showing up in his/her life.
May continue writing about this. Maybe even write from the mysterious one's point of view? Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on November 1, 2012
Last Updated on November 1, 2012

Author

Saranda
Saranda

MN



About
Hi, I'm Saranda. I find happiness in horses, the Military, words, and nature. I just want to write beautiful things that touch people. 1 Reader more..

Writing
infection infection

A Story by Saranda