that first real love

that first real love

A Story by Saranda
"

You never stop loving your first real, true love.

"

          I feel you all around me; you float within the very particles that I breathe. It’s not fair that you’re gone. The worst love possible is when both people have the burning, aching love for each other, yet they cannot be together because of society. Your job has taken you away for 3 years, but our words still secretly travel to each other. Stepping into those places where we had our beautiful moments overwhelm me, my soul catches and my breath deepens, pulling me back to our secret moments. I see your beautiful figure every time my sage gaze lays upon the swing on the left. Your laugh slips out of my memories and finds its way into the breeze, dancing around me. The music of your familiar laugh never fails to sway me. I hear your playful words every time a blinker is turned on while driving. Every time your dog tag clings between my skin and clothing, I know you are always with me in one sense. There are fake loves, love that is rushed and wanted. On the other hand, there is true love: the one that terrifies people, the love that no one ever intended to happen. You were the one that allowed me to fall in love with you slowly and on my own timeline, which developed true love. You’re always here with me, influencing every little decision that I create any day. Never leaving, you always swivel through my brain. You have taken root between my ribs. You’ve been away for a year, and yet, the burning flame of love within me has never once waned. A constant ache resides in my body, longing and begging for you to return home. I’m not sure what will happen when the Corps allows you to come home in 2 years, the only thing that I do know is that one never stops loving their first true love. 

© 2012 Saranda


Author's Note

Saranda
This is probably my one piece that I hold dearest to me so far.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This feels like it pored out of you. Writing that close to the hart is hard but the result is a powerful piece of writing rarely shared. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Saranda

11 Years Ago

Thank you! Most of my writings are very close to my heart, though they are usually vague, so that ot.. read more
Very well done.....I loved reading this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love has many faces.
You have indicated some.
This line is an amazing one:
You were the one that allowed me to fall in love with you slowly and on my own timeline, which developed true love

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 13, 2012
Last Updated on October 17, 2012
Tags: love, derek, usmc, marine corps, true love, boy, man, girl, woman, real love, long distance, age, memory, memories, lust, lover, lovers

Author

Saranda
Saranda

MN



About
Hi, I'm Saranda. I find happiness in horses, the Military, words, and nature. I just want to write beautiful things that touch people. 1 Reader more..

Writing
infection infection

A Story by Saranda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..