Faces

Faces

A Story by Sasha-lee
"

Emotional and Physical abuse... the pain and fear of breaking away from your norms

"
 “…And I call this one Marilyn …for Marilyn Monroe. Can you see how the blue and red veins intertwine creating the curve of her smile? Oh, look this one is known as El, short for Elvis, because it goes right down my back as though he’s dancing” she whispers to herself…………
 Her back arched covered in the colours of the rainbow, her hair draping over  blue/green eyes as though she’s had too much to drink for the night. Thoughts rushing through her mind .. Anger, pain …hopefulness. Through her bloodshot eyes one can see the hope that maybe, just maybe this time it was a mistake. Maybe it was an accident and maybe it really was all her fault as he proclaims. A frightening Slamming door makes her entire body shudder sending a tingling pain through her celebrity shaped bruises. One would say that this is simply the story of a wife being abused by her husband, but as she sits in the corner hovering over a pile of left over cold hard oatmeal the situation is quite clear. 
The slamming doors immediately stop and her conversation with herself immediately comes to a frightening halt as footsteps are heading in her direction. Fear has become her hobby and pain now her best friend. 
She no longer cries … the word “cry” no longer exists in her personal dictionary. Her words are futile and kept at a minimum due to the pain he has inflicted upon her. As the large figure stands at the doors her dreams begin and take her to the world she’s been hoping to see for years now. . . Drifting her far away from reality
“welcome to the family” she whispers later that night to a mustard coloured bruise on her left arm… “what shall I name you?” she sadistically says.
Stuck in the same place for over 10 years now, the words “safe”, “fun” and “childhood” are foreign to her and breaking away is out of the question for she has questioned her little friends on her body “who will take care of us if we leave?”
The saddest thing that had ever happened to her -according to herself that is- is losing Marilyn, but is rather pleased to have gained a bruise that resembles Marilyn 3 days later. This is her life and this is how she’d want it to stay… according to her. 
Things like this happen every single day without us even realizing … but we choose to be completely oblivious to these kinds of situations …
THINK BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT YOUR OWN LIFE, OTHERS HAVE IT MUCH WORSE
Written by: Sasha-lee Tracey (2013)

© 2013 Sasha-lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Situations are unpredictable...certain worst situations come n go ..it either strengthens our will power or kills with pain.....

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
1 Review
Added on July 7, 2013
Last Updated on July 7, 2013

Author

Sasha-lee
Sasha-lee

Johannesburg, South Africa



Writing