Tiny Dancer

Tiny Dancer

A Poem by Sammie Rose
"

She was born to set hearts a blaze when she step upon the stage.

"
Upon the stage, under the bright spotlight the tiny dancer dances along. Her body flows like the wind as she deals the struggles deep inside of her. She feels so alone, this tiny dancer who dances for crowds of faceless people. Although in her mind it is only her.

Off the stage this tiny dancer is just another wandering soul. Although up that stage she soars like a majestic bird in the crystal blue sky. Dance is the only life that she knows. This is when she finds her piece of mind. In this mindset this dancer is truly home.

Home for her is not a place. Not a building. Nor a person. For her, home is in the freeness of the movements, the spin, the jumps, the twists and turns, like a violent wave as it crashes upon a distant shore. More and more her mind urges on. More and more the song begs her, beaconing her to open her heart and spread her wings. To finally take flight and do the very thing she was meant to do.

She shakes her head for the time had not yet come. For this tiny dancer, she dances on. The music starts to fade as the light begins to dim. She knows the time is now. So again she looks to the heavens and stretches her arms out wide. This tiny dancer has performed her last solo dance.

The spotlight falls upon her as she transforms into a beautiful bird and takes flight. The stage is barren as the tiny dancer has finally been set free.

In memory of Isadora Duncan the Mother of Modern Dance.

© 2022 Sammie Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a lovely tribute Sammie. A person is in tune with their greater nature when they are creating art. Creativity pulls from them and weaves dream into reality. All art is like this for it demands a piece of love in order to exists as expression and form. CLE

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I could definitely feel this - having danced myself in my younger years - pieces of it hitting home. Also, lovely in that you did this in memory of Isadora! Enjoyed reading this and appreciate the picture into this world of complex, creative dance!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a lovely tribute Sammie. A person is in tune with their greater nature when they are creating art. Creativity pulls from them and weaves dream into reality. All art is like this for it demands a piece of love in order to exists as expression and form. CLE

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 21, 2022
Last Updated on October 21, 2022

Author

Sammie Rose
Sammie Rose

Urbana, MO



About
Just wanted to say hi there. I am 37 live in a small town in Missouri. I have been in love with writing since I got my first journal at the age of 11. Books were my first friend. more..

Writing
Jackie Jackie

A Story by Sammie Rose