Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
On the Man in the Society

On the Man in the Society

A Story by Sawan

Sawan Gunasekera

Engl 432

English Prompt 2

March 16, 2015

When a person is travelling home, he meets with several possibilities it is said, that he will return home safely, he will be accosted by another traveler thereby delayed, that he stopped at market or another place, then that he decided to go somewhere else, that he will be robbed by robbers, and that he will be trampled to death by moving traffic. That person is travelling in the society, it is said, going to wherever he has to go. That person has a position in the society, headed to whatever destination he goes to next, based on his actions, based upon his birth. He is travelling one, faring, faring according to his conditions, faring according to his actions, faring according to the consequences of actions. He travels, like the caravans, that travel from city to city selling wares. That is the individual in the society. This is the theme of the literature that has been reviewed by the class.

Who is he? Who is he to us? Whoever he may be, he is a danger, a grave threat, if he is evil and even if he is not. For what good he brings to me, if He is the Supreme Lord, and I have hurt that One, I have injured that One, and He went, a traveler in disguise among the people. What good does it bring if another man, an ordinary man, seeks to harm me, seeks to hurt me, seeks to do me in with arms? Such is the nature of people, and men. Such is their views, thoughts, and beliefs. This the reason why this theme expounded in the literature we have read. He is an important guy, that ordinary person, because he’s always going around bothering people, trying to get up in their arse. So, we have to know about him.

In the novel “Joaquin Murieta,” where a man, Californio, criminal, undergoes a series of escapades, and makes an adventure out of the experience, he does garner unwanted redicule. He is despised, considered loathsome, and if he is of Noble Birth, he is a controversy, mired in politics. He is out there, a man in society, a bandit, a robber, doing what he wants. The author may give explanation for his actions, but are those actions considerably clean? No they aren’t. They are dirty, and filthy, and his hand in it, would have played a part in his death. The argument here, is that, no matter if he is the Legend of Zorro, his villainy pollutes the Earth of life, some say.

That is the nature of professional, thieves, robbers, and murderers, dacoits, they plunder and steal, seizing life itself, and eat it, killing among themselves for the remaining bits, making ghastly noises of heroism gone wrong! When he’s out there, suffering, not entering the happiness, that others experience, he puts forward the excuse, documented by others, comrade bandits in arms, and evil doers, who can write and speak, and do dirty deeds on the sly in the partnership, generally saying, “Oh I am great and fantastic, Greatest One, but I have no fair share of the pie, the stake in life! So I need more, and I will take more, by force and arms, with weapons, and seize them, they are mine! MINE!” And he is a fake and fraud, of a man some say. Perhaps a boy. He is in there, suffering, and he take up arms, and villainy, and plunges himself into depravity, and becomes a wicked one, wicked sinner, like the cover of the book, a man holding up a heart and a knife, snarling!

But were his reasoning in the plot really sufficient, to put him, in that position? No, I don’t think so. It wasn’t enough, and the cost of it, great. It is not a small thing, it is something else. He, a person in the society, he, the doer and heir of his actions. That is his nature, if he is real. His small points, excuses count as little, little work in comparison to the criminal activity he undertakes.

© 2015 Sawan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on March 16, 2015
Last Updated on March 16, 2015