Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Sydney.

After what seemed like hours of work, Aiden had come up with three possible reasons for Annmarie’s kidnapping.

 

1.she was a secret reporter of some sort

2.She owed somebody something

3.She faked it

 

Aiden looked at his list again and sighed. There was no way the third one was even half true. Why would she fake this? He scratched it off the list and sat back in his chair. He looked and number two read aloud again.

 

“If she did owe them something then what was it?” He mumbled to himself before he read the note that she had left again. He had had both books opened and her note on the side of his desk

He pushed his list aside and began to skim through the first book, “Legends of the world.”

He stopped at a page and decided that he would start there. He turned around to turn on his lamp. It was getting dark outside and increasingly hard to see. The wind blew from the open window that was by his desk. Aiden turned around and noticed that the wind had turned the pages of the book. He looked closely at the page and his eyes widened.

 

The Legend of the Shadow Thieves

 

Aiden scooted closer to the desk and read the title again. He was shaking. He had heard about this legend at school. It couldn’t be real though.

 

The wind blew again.

 

Aiden watched as the other book, “The untold truths of Shadow Town” flipped open to a page. The page had been blank before when Aiden opened it earlier but now it seemed to be drawing a picture itself.

 

Aiden scooted closer and examined the picture. It was Annmarie. She was by a riverbank and she seemed to be crying. Aiden could only see the side of her face. Her blue eyes looked sad and it looked like the sun was setting in the background. There was a tree by her and its shadow was spread out on the water. Aiden looked back at the Legend of the Shadow Thieves and began to read.

 

This legend originated in the outskirts of a town that no one ever knew the name of. It was spread around by word of mouth. It tells how one person has the power to control and remove people from the earth. This legend is by far one of the most difficult ones prove. In tales told of the legend, innocent citizens have been robbed of their shadows and forced only to exist by their other half. They cannot be seen by anyone that has not already known them in their past lives. There has never be an ending to any of these tales simply because no one has ever heard of one. This legend has not been spoken about for years. One way to prove this legend legit or not yourself is to compare and contrast with these tales and your life.

 

Aiden’s eyes were still big and he was sure that they were not going to return to their normal size. Even though the information that he needed was in front of him, he hesitated. He sat back in his chair again took a deep breath. He rubbed his hand on the back of his neck and sighed. Annmarie was missing and as far as he knew, none of his reasons made sense.

 

 Then something clicked in his head. He sat back up in his chair, back straight and eyes wide once more. He went over to the book and looked at the cover of it.

 

The untold truths of Shadow Town

 

He read the legend again and looked at the picture of Annmarie. He looked between the picture and the title of the book. Then he got it. In the picture, Annmarie’s shadow wasn’t there. The tree’s shadow was in the water but hers was nowhere in the picture. He read part of the legend aloud, “One way to prove this legend legit or not yourself is to compare and contrast with these tales and your life.”

 

He let out his breath and stared at the picture for a while. Her shadow was taken. That’s why she had gone missing! But if that was true then why could Sara and her dad see her? He disregarded the thought for a moment and wrote something down on a piece of paper.

 

Check by the riverbank and research the legend on everyone that I see.

 

Aiden book marked the pages that he was reading and closed the books. He laid himself down on his bed and looked up at the ceiling. He felt his head start to spin and willingly closed his eyes. The sound of the wind whistling against his skin lulled him to sleep.

 



© 2010 Sydney.


Author's Note

Sydney.
Chapter 5! I'm gonna wait and see how many reviews I get then I'll post more depending on that. So anyway,if there's any grammar issues in the last couple of chapters,please ignore,it's not taking away from the stories awesomeness right?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Actually it is..(your grammar mistakes..lol jk) anyways the story is developing quite well so far, your story managed to keep my attention which is always a plus considering i get bored very easily when it comes to writing, and i would indeed like to know more on what happens so don't stop the writing! any negatives? hm well i'd say a little more detail to help set the surroundings more but other than that your good!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 21, 2010
Last Updated on December 21, 2010


Author

Sydney.
Sydney.

N/A, OH



About
Hey! My name is Sydney and I love to write. I'm 17 and absolutely hating it(I want to graduate like now!).The avatar is me. I've written a fair amount of stories in the last couple of years due to emo.. more..

Writing
Haunted Haunted

A Poem by Sydney.


I Hate You I Hate You

A Poem by Sydney.