Never knew it had to be this way

Never knew it had to be this way

A Story by SimplyDisastrous
"

Bullying is a terrible thing.

"

Danny was making his way home through a dark alley when it happened. He was struck from behind, a fist landing smack dab in the back of his back. The powerful blow sent him flying into the nearest fence and sliding to the ground, his books and bag scattering across the muddy pavement.

With blood dripping from his lower lip onto his shirt, He looked up hesitantly to face his attacker. His eyes widened in fear.

It was Scott. Scott, who had enjoyed picking on him since they were both in the same seventh grade glass. What was he to do? If he ran Scott would surely catch up to him, but if he stayed where he was...well, Scott would have his way with him.

"What...what do you want?" Danny whispered. Scott didn't reply. He merely smiled devilishly down at him.

"Look," Danny tried again, his voice high with hysteria. "I'm sure we can-"

He didn't have time to finish, for Scott grabbed him up by the front of his shirt, pulled his hair back, and mashed his face against the fence. "I always knew you were a little Homo," Scott hissed, slamming Danny's lanky body down on the ground. Danny cried out in agony, trying desperately to scramble from underneath Scott's heavy body mass. But Scott wasn't having any of that. He clamped one of his boots down onto his frightened opponent's back and pressed down hard.

"F**k!" Danny screeched, as Scott's metal bottomed boots sunk into his skin, drawing blood. He could almost feel his spine start to split.

"You know," Scott paused, looking down at him, his mouth upturned in an evil grin. "Dan, you should probably get up". He laughed bitterly, a sound so hollow and humorless it made Danny squirm, then added "Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that you were...a little caught up at the moment".

With that, Scott grabbed him up by the back of his collar and turned him in a position where he could see his face. Through blood encrusted lips, Danny said hoarsely "Why...why are you doing this?"

A look of mock consideration crossed Scott's face, then, "Because I can", upon raising his fist, smashing it into what was left of Danny's bloody figure of a nose.

Scott dropped him to the floor then. His eyes traveled from his bloody hands, shirt, to his unconscious opponent on the ground.

A couple minutes passed, an hour, before Scott stopped looking at his opponent, and rummaged through his pocket, found just what he was looking for.

Danny was stirring now, attempting to raise his body from the ground with his hands. He failed, his body flopping back down. Scott went completely still for a moment.

"Where...where am I?" Danny's muffled voice could be heard. He didn't seem to remember anything. Scott ignored his question, and instead said "Here, let me help you".

Danny sat up slowly, extended his hand to Scott hesitantly. "Thanks," He said, when Scott had embraced his hand. 

"But you mind telling me�""

He didn't get to finish, for Scott had raised the gun he was holding, aimed it to the middle of his face, and fired repeatedly, never stopping until he was lying a puddle of his own blood, put out of his misery.

© 2010 SimplyDisastrous


Author's Note

SimplyDisastrous
If the ending confuses you, please let me know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

A surprise ending to the story. You create battle, fear and abuse. The story was very good. A complete story in so few words. I like the story that keep the reader off balance. A outstanding short story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am a little confused. Please tell me. (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Okay so now that I get it...

It's really really really really a good story. The ending makes sense to me now! I misread the last few lines that's why I was confused, hahaha. I read too fast sometimes and it gets all confusing... the descriptions are great, the language is rich, the plot is interesting, the story flows well, and the ending (MAKES SENSE TO ME!!) is a good twist.

Your (stupid) friend,

~Shayna Reed

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is graphic and disturbing. Did you mean "same seventh grade class" at the beginning? The ending made perfect sense. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I found this a little graphic to be honest, but I don't mind. Anyways, during the beginning, I felt like going up to Scott and beating the hell out of him!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JOe
I really like this. It's very descriptive, it sounds like you actually watched this all. And it's structured so well. Often I read things written by people, older people, and something about it doesn't flow, but this is structured pretty much perfectly.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 18, 2010
Last Updated on June 18, 2010

Author

SimplyDisastrous
SimplyDisastrous

Hartford, CT



About
Hey. I used to be on here alot when I was 15. Now, not so much. I'm 18 now and I'm not nearly as depressing as I used to be, but still depressing enough. Message me and feel free to read my old poems... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Trust Trust

A Poem by Kasey Jones