I'm sorry

I'm sorry

A Poem by SimplyDisastrous

I’m Sorry

~

I'm sorry I wasn't good enough.

I'm sorry for the stress I caused you.

I'm sorry that I was so vulnerable, so

Easy to break.

I'm sorry I was ever in your life.

I'm sorry you had to meet someone like me.

I'm sorry for making everything worse than

It needed to be.

I'm sorry for bringing up things from the past.

I'm sorry that I can't get over what you did to me.

I'm sorry I can't quite get over you yet, move on.

I'm sorry that I still cry sometimes, upon remembering

All the good times we had together.

I'm sorry you had to lie.

I'm sorry you felt you needed to protect me.

I'm sorry I wasn't nice enough, pleasant enough,

Smart enough to hold your attention.

I'm sorry you like her more.

I'm sorry she doesn't know you exist.

I'm sorry you're in love with someone who

doesn't talk to you as much as I do.

I'm sorry I couldn't spot the signs.

I'm sorry I didn't see it coming.

I'm sorry you're not mines anymore.

I'm sorry you disapointed me as most of my friends do.

I'm sorry that you've moved on, and that you

can only see me as a little sister.

But most of all,

I'm sorry for you.

The one thing I'm not sorry for is that

you were ever in my life to begin with.

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

 

© 2010 SimplyDisastrous


Author's Note

SimplyDisastrous
I wrote this a year ago for this guy named Justin. Never gave it to him, though.

He's a jerk, anyways,.

I know the repeat of "I'm sorry" is pretty annoying but I have no other way to do it. Tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The repitition of "I'm sorry" isn't annoying at all; actually, it adds an apologetic atmosphere, which I'm assuming is what you were going for. I hope this "Justin" fella realizes how much he hurt you, 'cause even I realize it just from reading this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I *usually* think that repetition of a phrase is an annoying writing mechanic, but you really made it work with this piece. Everyone has felt this way towards a boy before, but this gives readers an interesting insight into a typical girl's brain. Wonderful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The repeat is actually good. I have a surprisingly similar poem that I wrote with the same titile lol. Anyway this is really well written. Lots of emotions in there.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The repitition of "I'm sorry" isn't annoying at all; actually, it adds an apologetic atmosphere, which I'm assuming is what you were going for. I hope this "Justin" fella realizes how much he hurt you, 'cause even I realize it just from reading this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this one!
Actually repeating ' I'm sorry' is kind of cool, you have the style and you
repeat sentence to have this style, so I don't think it's that annoying.
Do you think my reveiw is too... Messing?

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It was very interesting and kinda sad.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

emphasising the point clearly..you're sorry! :P nice piece!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the repetition. It doesn't come across overbearing, but helps create the emotion for the reader. Great read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hello Kristen,

I don't think you need to worry about repeating I'm sorry. It's poetry, we are allowed to do that to keep a format and pace. Which both were good here. I do enjoy how it start off with sincerity then turned to a more aggressive nature toward....Justin.

Not that I am questioning motive, but it does get harsh, hopefully he is the jerk as you say. We all have bad times in our life, and Poetry is one of the best ways to get it out without having to slaughter anyone around us. Personally I think a good slaughtering is necessary. That could just be me.

I enjoyed the read and it was written very well. Most importantly it has personality, and you can feel the emotions. All signs of a great poem. Well done.

Always,

Matthew

Posted 13 Years Ago


The bad part of life. We must learn by trial and error. A very strong poem about disappointment and sadness. I like the last lines. A wise person learn and move on to better things in a life. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Every time I read your work I'm left with my breath caught and my heart in my throat... this is no exception. You certainly know how to convey what you mean... No one's annoyed here.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

493 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 26, 2010
Last Updated on August 26, 2010

Author

SimplyDisastrous
SimplyDisastrous

Hartford, CT



About
Hey. I used to be on here alot when I was 15. Now, not so much. I'm 18 now and I'm not nearly as depressing as I used to be, but still depressing enough. Message me and feel free to read my old poems... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..