Prologue: The Change

Prologue: The Change

A Chapter by Sawakai
"

A child, missing for days: 12 approximately, returns after being dumped by the nearest patch of waste bins. Everything is back to normal for everyone - but the child's behaviour has changed.

"
The night was dark; several, tiny white dots specked the cloud-free sky, shedding the smallest amount of light unto the streets of the Lake District. The date was the 12th of May: a date that would not be forgotten for many years to come.
A young woman walked quickly and quietly past an old motel that was near her home. Her long brown hair flew out behind her like it was being pushed backwards. The road was still and silent. Nothing could be heard except for the clicking footsteps of the heels that she wore.The click-clack did not seem to bother her; after all, her mind was set on one thing and one thing only. She hurried her pace, so she was taking rather small but quick steps.
The sound of police sirens and the yells of officers made her break into a sprint, despite the fact she was wearing heels. She didn't care that she would get blisters. As the woman approached the scene, a wash of relief and horror struck her. Hard. There, in front of her, was her baby boy.
"Marco!" she cried. Lifting her baby toddler into her arms, she stroked his hair, the same colour as his. Wet drops of salty tears dripped down one after the other onto the pavement, and before long, she noticed she was on her knees. Burying her head into her child's chest, she let a thin wail escaped her parted lips. 
Something warm touched her shoulder. Turning her head to see what it was, she saw an officer smiling down at her. "Come on, Keira. Let's get you two home." His hand was extended out towards her. The Keira took it, murmuring a, "Thank you so much," before turning to walk away from the cold, dreadful patch of waste bins. On that day, she vowed to herself, and to her son, that she would never let him, or herself, return to that street, for as long as they lived.
...{~}...

"Marco? Marco! Come down here, you're going to be late for school!" Keira tapped her foot angrily against the wooden floor. At this rate, he was going to fall back asleep! "I'm coming up, Marco. Get yourself ready." Taking steady and confident steps towards the second floor, she almost screamed when she saw what her beloved son was doing. Well, it wasn't necessarily what he was doing, more what he was SAYING. 

Marco was curled up in front of the bathroom door, covered in blankets and pillows. His deep blue eyes were empty, lifeless. He was saying things like:
"Don't touch me,", "Help me, mummy," and "Don't hurt me." 

Whenever she tried to get close to him, he would make a loud, thin screeching noise, and throw his hands forward. Keira quietly whispered, her voice full of fear, confusion and worry, "It's me, Marco. It's mummy. You're okay, you're fine..." At this point, she knew she was only convincing herself he was alright. She stopped shaking when he stopped and stared into her eyes.

He said one, final line, before letting a thick, horrifying scream escape his lungs: "Harvey Forrest."


© 2018 Sawakai


Author's Note

Sawakai
Sorry if this bored you! Had to write it last minute. First chapter will be better though!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on May 19, 2018
Last Updated on May 19, 2018
Tags: Missing, Deceptive, Change


Author

Sawakai
Sawakai

United Kingdom



About
Writing is fun. That's why I'm here. :) Hope you like my stuff. It comes straight outta my head, so some bits may be badly written. So sorry 'bout that. :/ Anyway, hope you enjoy my crazy writings. T.. more..

Writing
Hidden Hidden

A Book by Sawakai