Chapter 1. Seattle

Chapter 1. Seattle

A Chapter by Savannah
"

Molly and Luna are driving to the new apartmet loft and and they have their first night. Blah Blah and all that jazz!

"

              Preface

   I looked out of my window.

I wondered if Mother would ever be back. She did it to keep me safe. But
should she have? My world would be gone without her, everything would be gone. I waited for as long as I could. I finally went down and got the can of gasoline out of the trunk, and a box of matches. I had to help her. I had to save her.

I went outside and headed for the forest, not knowing what was looming in its depths.
 

 

 

I saw the trees speeding past the car window. I glanced at the backseat of our car, which was full of our things. It was amazing so much fit back there.

I looked at my mother, Molly, who was driving. She looked at the road only a few times, mostly looking at the TV screen above the radio. "We should be there in about a half hour." She said.

"I can't wait to see it! A new loft, what a dream." I said to her.

We were watching an old 'I Love Lucy' show on DVD. It’s the one where Lucy starves herself in order to fit into the outfit so she can be in Ricky's show. "How many times have we seen this?" I asked mother.

"I really don't know. This is such a classic. Remember when we used to watch it when it first came on?" Molly asked me.

"Yes, I did. I wonder if anyone then knew what a hit it would become." I mused.

"I'm so happy to live on the water. And to live in Seattle! It’s perfect because there is so much rain."

I smirked. "It’s the dark we need, not the rain. I hate rain." I said.

Mother looked at me. "Yeah well you find some place that's under clouds all the time and doesn't rain, and in a good city. I'll tell you we are going to like it a lot better than Alaska. The only thing is I wish it wasn't so far from Forks. It’s going to be the best place to hunt. There isn't any place in Seattle where we can go, really."

"Well, we are going to the Cullen's in three days; we can hunt then, right?" I asked.

Molly put in another DVD. "Yes, I think we should. It’s been two weeks. All this crazy stuff has gotten me to forget about our hunger. Oh, and by the way, the moving company will send over our truck of things in three weeks."

"What? Why so long?" I asked. I thought we might get the stuff faster by Pony Express.

"Because we lived in Noatak National Preserve, which is really far. They have to drive it through Canada. Plus they are really busy in the summer." Mother said. It was true; we used to live very far away from Seattle.

"Time to plug in the GPS. I'm lost." Mom said. I giggled. My mother got lost a lot. I got the GPS out of the glove compartment, put it on the dash board and plugged it into the car lighter. I punched in the address of our building.

"Would you like to go to 2548 3rd Ave, Seattle, Washington?" it asked. I hit okay. The building had loft apartments. The top two floors had two lofts each to buy. We own one on the top floor. I only kept it on so I could see a map. It wasn't working very well.

"Okay, first get off on the next exit. We are on Highway 99, right?" I asked.

"Yes. That much I know. Only because I saw a sign." She laughed. "Ah hah, there is the exit. Okay, what now?"

I put the GPS back in the glove compartment. "Keep going on 1st Ave until you see Vine Street on your right. Turn there and then take another right on 3rd Ave. The building will be on the left I believe."
************************************************************************************************************************

Traffic wasn't bad. It was around three in the afternoon, a few hours before rush hour and after lunch. "Here it is!" Molly exclaimed.

"I thought it had more than six floors." I said, puzzled.

"Nope, just six. Why, not impressed? Wait until we get up to our loft. Then you'll be impressed." Mother said. She locked the car. "Let’s go on up and then we can get our things." She decided.

There was a plump lady at the front desk. Molly smiled at her and rang the bell on the desk. "Hello, I'm here to pick up the keys for loft 61. I'm the one who bought it."

"You’re the Thomas family?" She asked.

"Yes, we are."

The woman took a full folder labeled 'Thomas' on the desk and handed it to my mother. "Okay, this has your keys, a copy of the contract, a map of the area, numbers for local pizza delivery, a cab company, and a list of local schools and their numbers." The plump lady said.

"Thank you so much. I think we will enjoy living here a lot." Mother said.

"If you have any problems just call the front desk, the number is inside of the welcome packet. Have a good night’s sleep. I heard you drove from Alaska?" The woman asked.

"Yes we did, we are pretty tired." She lied through a smile. I giggled. We turned for the elevator. If the woman wasn't watching we would have taken the stairs, which is faster for us.

"We are tired, huh?" I said, faking a yawn.

"I had to tell her that, you know that." She said.

"And it sure did help that she smelled so damn good, too." I said.

"I know." Molly simply said. The Elevator beeped and the doors opened.

Our condo was on the right side of the building. Molly unlocked the door and I stepped inside. "Wow, you bought this?" I asked, amazed. It was huge, bigger than I thought. "How many rooms does it have? I mused.

Molly walked into the kitchen. "Well, the living room and kitchen are one big room, plus over there is a bedroom with a bathroom connected through that door. And there is another bedroom, with its own bathroom, and over there is a little privet room. I'm getting blackout curtains so I can use it as my darkroom for developing my film." She said. Molly is a photo journalist. She has gotten pretty famous. We've traveled all over the world. But she landed a job with the Seattle Times. I've always said they are lucky to have her, but Molly is still really happy about getting the job. She was really a shoo-in for it.

"Let’s wait until the desk women leaves, I'd really rather not deal with her. She seems the talkative type."

I started to walk about the Condo. "Sure." I said, not really listening to her. "Wow" I kept saying. This was the biggest place we've ever lived in.

After I got over the shock of living here, we sat in front of the largest window, and watched the sun set. The warm light glittered off our skin.

"So, you’re happy?" Molly said as she put her arm around me.

"Very." I said. "What is it with Vampires and space?" I asked.

Molly thought about that. "I don't know, but when you have the money, why not?" We both laughed.
 

 



© 2009 Savannah


Author's Note

Savannah
PLEASE tell me what you honestly think! Just don't say anthing vulgar.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Vulgar? THIS WAS THE MOST VUL... Just kidding :P

I liked the addition of putting the Cullens into the story. Very well written.
You used words like "mother" wich kind of made it feel that they were wiser and older.
You added not only there age into the words but the love they share together.
Very well written. Can't wait for Chapter 1. Make sure you send me a read request.
Great write

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wonderful work

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great story! A million thumbs up!
Oh, wait....I'm the one who wrote it. Damn...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Vulgar? THIS WAS THE MOST VUL... Just kidding :P

I liked the addition of putting the Cullens into the story. Very well written.
You used words like "mother" wich kind of made it feel that they were wiser and older.
You added not only there age into the words but the love they share together.
Very well written. Can't wait for Chapter 1. Make sure you send me a read request.
Great write

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2009


Author

Savannah
Savannah

Diagon Ally, RI



About
I'm just starting to get into writting Fanfics. I'm really liking it so far. I've written a Twilight Fanfic (My ickle Firsty!) and hopefully I'll write more, I'm starting on a Harry Potter Fanfic. more..

Writing