The Golden Kiss

The Golden Kiss

A Poem by Eclectic Ichthys
"

How it should always be

"

Hold me when the sunlight is slanting, reflecting golden off the windows and through the bare branches. With the sky still blue yet failing fast, I hold you, baby, a secret kiss against the cold and I am laughing. The sky is on fire, and the shadows lengthen. We are walking hand in hand near the water, the ripples reflecting like tiny windows or pieces of the sun. The sky lit the water on fire.

 

Hold me when I sigh deeply and trace the flock of geese with my eyes. But it’s not just about holding. It’s about feeling. Receiving. Loving and listening. Can I ask this of you? Of course I can, we haven’t met yet, but you’ll understand my questions without me asking them. You’ll know how my mind swims in this flickering, burning sea.

 

This time of day, this moment passes so quickly. And yet it’s my favorite time of all. It never lasts. One of the poets noticed this, Shelley or Keats…I forget who. But I know what they mean: the sweetest kiss is the one you know will end. Longer, a little longer, hold it still.

 

And we separate, the sun goes down, the wind picks up, it is over. The water is dark and the sky as well. I hug you from behind and realize that my life is complete.

© 2008 Eclectic Ichthys


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on August 11, 2008
Last Updated on August 11, 2008

Author

Eclectic Ichthys
Eclectic Ichthys

Vancouver, Canada



About
A 23-year old currently coming to terms with this writing....thing. Just like I came to terms with that gay.....thing. My writing is more diary-entry than anything else, it doesn't really fit into.. more..

Writing