It's Life

It's Life

A Story by Samantha Lay
"

This is extremely personal as far as some of the words written have never been talked about except to my parents. Whether or not it should be shared is up.

"
My life is just like everyone else’s because …. Well let’s face it, we are all human. Each of us has our issues and most of us blame it on our families but we shouldn't. What does this have to do with, when you are the one that makes your own decisions? Life is nothing more than a story in which we add to word by word. My story happens to be rather complicated. From the start of life things were not normal, the people around me were not normal. It was a very jagged path in which I am still fighting with. Here it is… I have helped keep my father sane and in a somewhat normal state of mind. Things will happen and he becomes one of his other personalities and that’s hard to deal or understand for that matter. I love him dearly and honestly, I’d never ever ask for another father. I grew up rather quickly because of him and even though I was a very shy child I made friends easily. School became everything and I looked forward to walking through those doors every day. As I grew up things changed… People changed… Friends became enemies… Enemies became friends… The people I thought I’d never be hanging with ended up being there for me. My world changed when I got to high school and my health became a ever rising hill getting steeper and steeper. I thought I would never make it and honestly the depression took over my whole being. Every day I thought of what it would be like to just end it and make it go away. Obviously I did not commit such an act but I did try from time to time, each time I’d think of how hard it would be on everyone else so I would force myself to throw up the pills. Eventually I made it through and everything became better with each day. Until the doctors finally diagnosed me with cancer, I told myself to be strong and to not go back to a dark place. It was hard but I did it and I learned from my experience with all of the doctors’ visits and surgeries. Slowly things have gone back to normal and I am enjoying life, enjoying my job and school but most importantly I am shaping myself into an even better person. That next step to my mold is to become a doctor myself and help those who need it especially in the psychological standpoint. I can do this, I know I can, I will become someone great.

© 2015 Samantha Lay


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful honesty and courage.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Wow. That is truly amazing. I know that must have been hard to write but good to get out finally. Your story is one I will never forget. Thank you for sharing this.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 17, 2015
Last Updated on January 17, 2015

Author

Samantha Lay
Samantha Lay

Austin, TX



About
My life is complex but I get through it. more..

Writing
Rant Rant

A Poem by Samantha Lay