Mom and Dad

Mom and Dad

A Poem by Samantha Lay

Mom and Dad,

I know that this past year has been extremely difficult let alone an entire life time of insane obstacles but I want you to know you are both doing an excellent job. Maybe y'all have a few more wrinkles from all the stress and perhaps even feel like time needs to just take a rest. I understand that feeling for sure as it seems the days are starting to mature. For me growing up in the family has been the best gift anyone can receive. I don't think anyone else could handle it but we all seem to make it work. I've learned so much from both of you, I honestly don't know how to say thank you. Life is never easy and it's extremely hard to find something you have such passion about but I see that passion every day in the two of you. It may not be the same type of passion I have in helping people but it makes you feel all the same. I want to do something beyond amazing in my life and it's because of y'all that I have the will power and courage it takes. However, I know y'all still see me as your baby girl and that will never change. You are still and always will be an amazing mother and father that I am so fortunate to have; y'all's wisdom, and strength go far beyond any ordinary people. Who am I kidding? You two will never be ordinary y'all will always be beyond describable.

Love You Always,
Samantha Lay

© 2015 Samantha Lay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a touching letter...one which I can relate to! Growing up in the family where I am now has been one of the best gifts I could ever receive too...I've learned so much from my parents as well, and I also hope I could make a difference in the world, however small, with the time I have. Thank you for sharing the letter...it was really heartwarming!:-)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Added on January 21, 2015
Last Updated on January 21, 2015

Author

Samantha Lay
Samantha Lay

Austin, TX



About
My life is complex but I get through it. more..

Writing
Rant Rant

A Poem by Samantha Lay