MERE XVI

MERE XVI

A Poem by Seanne Tholltree

Please let me out! Let go of me.

I wanted to discover things my way, and I just want to be independent.

Yeah you care for me and for my safety because you’ve been wrapped by the bad things you heard in news.

Well thanks for that, but it can't stop me from fulfilling my dreams.

Sorry but I don't want to stay in this cheese less station.

Why don't you let go of me? I've been with you for the past two decades,

And I think it's quite enough! I want to enjoy my next eight decades, so give it to me.

I have a lot of dreams, plans and schemes.

Don't worry your still included I'll give you a good life.

All I ask is to don't stop me when the time comes that I want to set the sail for myself.

Like what they say, "It's good to be out there on an adventure in the maze."

Don't you want me to experience the bliss I long desire? Please don't be so selfish.

Just accept the fact that children merely come and go;

And parents do become empty nesters, sorry for the phrase. 

© 2012 Seanne Tholltree


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

WITTY THOUGHTS
=]

Posted 11 Years Ago


Seanne Tholltree

11 Years Ago

oui
"Just accept the fact that children merely come and go;
And parents do become empty nesters, sorry for the phrase. "
I like the logic of the poem. Need to free the children to dream and test life. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote


Posted 11 Years Ago


really awesome seanne..heheh...they will let go of you for sure worry no more..:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The veracity with which you pen the simple is nothing short of perfection, a clever piee indeed old friend.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hmm... I can fairly see and look into the picture with these words of yours. Nicely written and full of emotions. You did well once again, but then again, I can fairly 'guess' for a moment who you are referring to. Don't worry, all would work good and fine. I've been past the experience and soon you'll see everything will be fine. :)) Thanks for sharing another good piece and your heart.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I thought it was like a punk song for a second. It sounds much better read aloud as opposed to reading it. A sign of good material in my opinion.

Posted 11 Years Ago


i think that some people may not know what a cheese less station is..maybe they do but i dont.. i want to though.. it causes a rift in the flow of the poem for me.. other than that this is a beutifully written and well thought out poem.. normally i dont like prose (well i do, but those who teach me tell me stay away lol) And in this case i love the form.. it lends well to the reader.. for me.. -s

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice write with tons of emotion and showing the urge of exploring life it seems.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Strange poem of oppression but meaningful and not lacking of strength on word alone.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 29, 2012
Last Updated on May 29, 2012

Author

Seanne Tholltree
Seanne Tholltree

below the sky suburb down by the river



About
I'm just an ordinary earthling obsessed in controlling my subconscious in order to be extraordinary... hey! my pen name is Seanne Tholltree and my pen name's pen name is SeanneDaisLier, and the hol.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..