Deluded Aura and The Social Applicant

Deluded Aura and The Social Applicant

A Poem by Sehkmet

  Pulled into the illustrious atmosphere, I laid locked sights into the world that seemed so surreal yet tangible by all means of emotion and certainty. Every inch of my body held still by some force unbeknownst to me, focusing my eyes on the iridescent Lilacs that grew into the ceiling of my pale and dampened room. Watching these flowers struggle with life towards my nervous sweaty disposition, I couldn’t recall any purpose or memory of life. The only life that existed, aware to me were these iridescent Lilacs blossoming across the ceiling that was now my sky. With a single blink that slowed time and made each breath last an hour, I witnessed beautiful flowers began to melt without regard to the laws that leave my lost peers bound by reality.

  A moment of fear as the walls surround my motionless posture, I can only listen as my pores widen to assist my shortness of breath. The absence of smoke begs the question of where I am while the empty presence of a reflection denies this is unreal.

  Deluded and suffused with the dance of a tearing eye and grasping the warm milk like cotton, my touch begins to pull the melting Lilacs towards my aura. Slicing the air which I’ve grown to desire I’ve suddenly found a place where silence truly does exist. The ringing has ceased and this time there isn’t any pressure, just the pale damp room I’ll remember as my birth.

  My train of thoughts, a sin that’s a sick sore soaking in the sea, slows to a stop in a moment that is blessed by a curse that never lets me rest.

The shock the fear spilling in the air

Deny delusions denting dearest

Damaging dear spilling tears

Wonders waking wits to fix

Mend the world in the world

Feeling tears

The wonders Empty skin

My dream of reality

Resting on brinks of duality

Shifting in the wind

© 2011 Sehkmet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the words you use in this and the repeated image of the lilac. I also like the meaning of the work and especially the poem at the end! Great work :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 27, 2011

Author

Sehkmet
Sehkmet

Conway, SC



About
Serum Driven Silent and unattached I just search through my own words and sounds i compose looking to understand what it is... more..

Writing