Blog- No rights?

Blog- No rights?

A Story by Rivaxorus
"

What does age decide for ourselves?

"
I have been on the site very long,  and it seems like a wonderful place. But I can't help but feel that I am so much different from everyone, that I can't reach them. Age, is a really big stand point, many of the people's writing I have read, they are like 19, maybe even a bit older. And I'm just sitting in the corner over here like "I'm fifteen, I'm almost sixteen in a few weeks but still I'm fifteen." So I can't but feel that no one will take me seriously, or my writing for that matter.

© 2013 Rivaxorus


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Honestly,
I don't care how old anyone on this site is, as long as you are putting effort into being a writer, then that's all that matters to me. Even if you don't feel as relevant to anyone older, you are. You're starting out earlier than I'm sure a lot of people did, so that gives you a lot of time to grow and mature and be even better at writing, than a lot of people who are older than you. So don't get discouraged by your age, keep doing what you're doing. And my own philosophy is don't worry about what other people think about you.
I hope that this can help you.
-Harrisen

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Seimei, i am not much older than you i am 18, and i agree with the other reviewers. Age dose not matter as long as you put an effort in to what you write. I started writing at the age of ten, and trust me i was awful, but i did not give up, i kept working on my grammar, spelling, working on how to write poems, stories, and journals to grab people's attention and hold them there. Even though i am not a pro at the grammar, and spelling part i still keep working at it, and you should too. It takes time, practice, and dedication to get better at it. So keep writing, and people will like your work because you put a bit of your self into every piece of art you do.

~Res

Posted 11 Years Ago


Age isn't a problem to me, some people write for release others right because they enjoy it or the want to get it out there. I am 15 and no one has a problem with me, I have made many, many great friends on here. You've started writing at a young age (like me) there's nothing wrong with that. Half the time I dont know the age of the writer.

I will admit some stuff young writers have written has been a tough read, reading about them self harming and all. It's a hard read and at such a young age but, don't let your age put you off. You're a talented writer.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rivaxorus

11 Years Ago

Thanks, It's funny too many of my real life friends and internet friends are at least two years olde.. read more
s y e

11 Years Ago

Good
Writing defines a age of its own.. I've learnt that through this site.. what I like to do is never read a new members about me until and after i review a piece of his/her work.. so that way even subconsciously I don't come to any conclusions or judgement in the back of my head..cause to judge is a human flaw..and it's a flaw that we all wear so well. I've read many a 16 year old's writings and 60 year old's as well.. and i've appreciate both styles and directions their work takes the reader.. I like when people try new things, If someone is 15 and they keep writing about razor blades and self harm.. I can only tolerate so much cause that's a phase they need to snap out off.. To write is definitely to release and feel better, but reading it doesn't make me feel any better and that's me being honest.. I rather them write about love, loss or possessed unicorns :P That comes with experience and maturity though.. but i've seen some 16 year olds write in latin, write about stuff way beyond their years and make their mark as not good but great writers. so kudos to the youth, they are the future.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Just write. Write and then write some more. Keep writing. And then READ. And then write some more. Read some more. And so forth. Fifteen or fifty...a writer is judged by his/her work...not their age. So keep at your craft and you will be experienced in your craft in no time. An experienced sailor of sixteen is better than an inexperienced sailor of sixty. Because they KNOW what they're doing. Older is NOT better. It's just OLDER. Keep that in mind. Now, on with the writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Put your keyboard away, and run little scribbles... Is this the attitude you think you would encounter on a site for like minded people? Don't sweat it, the last few reviewer's nailed it. This isn't just a place for the polished this is also, where the rough gem gets to gleam. 15 is a serious time in all of our lives, big changes, new discoveries. If you are blogging, that means your finding a voice. Nothing wrong with that. Having the same interests as some of the older writers shouldn't matter, because everyone can identify with you, cause we've all been there, and some of us would like to read about what growing up today is like compared to when some of us were your age. My advice, (and I'm just as new as you) is to learn how to use this site, to garner attention to what you have to say, by the forums and by reviewing other peoples work. That will directly, or indirectly send people to your profile, where you can wow, or, bore whomever arrives. But I'll reiterate what the previous reviewers have told you. Don't get discouraged by what others think, or worse, what you think others will think about your work. Just keep working at it, if it's truly what inspires you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Honestly,
I don't care how old anyone on this site is, as long as you are putting effort into being a writer, then that's all that matters to me. Even if you don't feel as relevant to anyone older, you are. You're starting out earlier than I'm sure a lot of people did, so that gives you a lot of time to grow and mature and be even better at writing, than a lot of people who are older than you. So don't get discouraged by your age, keep doing what you're doing. And my own philosophy is don't worry about what other people think about you.
I hope that this can help you.
-Harrisen

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My advise : Don't worry about the age but write with your heart , mind and soul what you experience or love to do or inspire others. A lot of great people achieved things at early ages and some in later stages of life. Pen on...No worries...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 16, 2013
Last Updated on April 16, 2013

Author

Rivaxorus
Rivaxorus

Apple Valley, CA



About
Hello there my name is Abby Lawless, although I do prefer the nickname Rivaxorus. I'm Seventeen years old and live in California. I love writing, I'm hoping to make a career and live off of working wi.. more..

Writing
Motivation Motivation

A Poem by Rivaxorus



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


School School

A Poem by Rivaxorus