The dog and the master

The dog and the master

A Poem by Rivaxorus

There once was a dog
Waiting on orders
Falling on glass
Only to be picked up by the master

The master had a lover
But was still alone
She decided to
Order the dog around

While the dog was happy
As was the master
The masters lover was discontent
With the thought of slavery

She told the master of things
The master acted as if she understood
If the dog slit his own throat
It would be the masters fault

The master took the knife up to her neck
And slit her own throat
Because the world didn't need
A b*****d controlling others

© 2013 Rivaxorus


Author's Note

Rivaxorus
.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

How to make extremely violent, intolerance sound and feel socially acceptable in one poem by Seimei! Of course I can read this with a great deal of distance, thank you for sharing ( an of course one is not condoning the behaviours described).

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nice idea here Seimei,
I have to say while I get the ideas behind the lower portion I too must say that your choice in conveyances leaves the reader slightly askew to obtaining your meaning. Perhaps give a little consideration to a little editing on this one. Usually I say you have little to fix, but this one I think is such a great concept it's worth the effort i think. Pretty dark by the way in my eyes. All this is just an opinion and I hope you can use some of it.
From your friend who's sorry for slacking on their book review duties.
Sincerely
Christopher
90/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rivaxorus

11 Years Ago

It was simply a vent, no effort wanted to be made in it.
unsavable_soul

11 Years Ago

Cool beans, Just thought I would give my thoughts. Perhaps you should consider putting that informat.. read more
I have to agree with Astro and Keegan. After the first two and a half stanzas, everything gets very confusing. Is the Master male or female? Who gets their throat slit? the master or lover or dog? Why does the lover think of slavery? who has her enslaved? life, the master? Anyway, just some things to think about. I think with a little more clarification, this one will be great.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A good one...:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I agree with Astro the opening is good and is going in a good direction the rest is a bit to rambled up and confusing.. I get the message you were trying to put out.. just read it back and see if you can work on the delivery. Love your other work though, keep writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Angry, seems angry...I liked the opening but in the last two stanza's it becomes a bit confusing. It sounds like the 'Master' is female. That would be fine, except it may be more appropriate to refer to her as Mistress, but, if the 'Master' is not female and they don't slash their own throat, and instead, slash the throat of the 'Lover' then the ending and overall message has a different tone.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2013
Last Updated on May 21, 2013

Author

Rivaxorus
Rivaxorus

Apple Valley, CA



About
Hello there my name is Abby Lawless, although I do prefer the nickname Rivaxorus. I'm Seventeen years old and live in California. I love writing, I'm hoping to make a career and live off of working wi.. more..

Writing
Motivation Motivation

A Poem by Rivaxorus



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..