White Rabbit

White Rabbit

A Story by Serif
"

Part of OSAD (One story a day) Ever wonder where the rabbit comes from..?

"

It was a wonderful day in Bunnyville. The sky was bright blue, cloudless and sunny. The sun even had a face; a big, happy clown face that terrified small children. The bunnies hopped around happily along the tall green grass, nibbling at the little flowers that popped up within the fields. Jolly music was playing, and the bunnies hopped playfully along to the beat.

And then the sky turned a fiery red. The sun’s happy, smiling, and already terrifying face suddenly turned demonic, and a large, hairy human hand exploded out of its mouth. The bunnies screamed in horror, scampering around wildly until Sir Hopper, the leader of the group, stood atop Carrot Mountain and demanded order from the minions.

“The time hath come again!” he announced regally, holding up his little bunny paws in a kingly fashion, “Who today shall volunteer as sacrifice to the hand?”

The little bunnies all backed away, terrified. None of them knew what cruelty the hand delivered poor helpless bunnies to. They only knew that once the hand took a bunny from Bunnyville, the bunny would never return.

“Ok, come on guys, seriously,” Sir Hopper sighed irritably, “We go through this every Tuesday. And every Tuesday I’m forced to be the bad guy and send one of you pathetic cretins into the abyss.”

The bunnies all cowered in fear. The hand was looming above, trying to grasp them.

“The hand doesn’t leave until one of us goes, guys,” Sir Hopper sighed impatiently, “Look, either someone volunteers in the next four seconds, or I send away the guy with the most kids. Yes, I’m looking at you, Billy.”
“No! I have three hundred children!” Billy cried, his little bunny paws clutched together in merciful prayer, “My wife can’t feed three hundred! Send Peter! Peter only has eighty!”
“Peter is named after the great Cottontail and is thereby exempt,” Sir Hopper announced, and ol’ Peter grinned smugly back at Billy.
“Please! Have mercy!” Billy cried.

All three hundred of his tiny children pleaded in their tiny voices. Unfortunately, at the rate bunnies multiply, the adult bunnies had grown quite tired of the child sob stories. 

“Billy, you probably only have three hundred kids so you can avoid sacrifice,” another bunny piped up from the crowd, “If you care so much, let’s see how you react when we sacrifice one of your little bunnies to the hand!”

Thousands of rallying cries emitted from the bunnies, and Billy screamed in terror as they grabbed his youngest son, who cried, “Papa! Papa! Don’t let it eat me!” in his tiny voice as the bunnies crowd-surfed him to Sir Hopper. He wasted no time in picking the defenseless little bunny child up and aiming him at the hand like a fluffy little football.

“NO!” Billy cried, “Take me! Take me! Spare my son!”

Sir Hopper grinned maliciously and dumped the little bunny off Carrot Mountain. Billy’s wife ran to him, scooping him up in her fluffy little arms.

“I will not forgive this tyranny,” she spat.
“Yeah, yeah, lady, that’s what they say every damned Tuesday,” Sir Hopper muttered mockingly, “Billy! Up here! Now!”

Billy slowly sauntered up the mountain of vegetation amidst boos and jeers from all the other bunnies. When he reached the top, he glanced one final time at his wife and three hundred children.

“My dear family!” he called, holding a paw out to them, “Remember me, not as a sacrifice, but as a loving and compassionate fa-”

SHOOOOOOOM!

Without warning, Sir Hopper and a few other bunnies forcefully launched Billy into the hand’s death grip. The hand retreated back through the sun, whose clown face promptly returned. The sky went back to vibrant blue, the music returned, and all the little bunnies resumed dancing. Except, of course, the three hundred and one bunnies who cared about Billy. They cried. But the rest danced and cheered and sang merrily!

Meanwhile, on the other side, Billy was traveling through a tunnel of darkness. He was being pulled by the ears, and the next thing his eyes saw was a loaded room full of tall creatures he’d never seen and bright, flashing lights. He glanced back. He was being held by another tall creature dressed in the black of night, and a large black object was clutched in his other hand, an object that Billy could only assume was the abyss he had been pulled from.

“Thank you! Thank you!” the creature cried, and deafening noise erupted from the others, “I’ll see you all next Tuesday!”

He walked into another room with a big cage. He tossed Billy into it and laughed heartily.

“Man, I don’t know how I keep doing it, but I got another bunny to sell!” he cried happily, “I am the BEST magician!”

© 2015 Serif


Author's Note

Serif
Critique is always appreciated. Feel free to say whatever you feel~

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on December 21, 2015
Last Updated on December 21, 2015
Tags: osad, rabbit, hat, magician, white

Author

Serif
Serif

CT



About
My name is Serif. Throughout the year of 2015, I've done a "One Story a Day" challenge. This is where I'll be uploading the more noteworthy ones. I will continue the challenge in 2016 and beyond, b.. more..

Writing
Nothing Nothing

A Story by Serif


Platypals Platypals

A Story by Serif


Flower Garden Flower Garden

A Story by Serif