Sidewalk

Sidewalk

A Chapter by Eryn ♪

  I step out on to the hot pavement, helmet in hand. I pull my basic blue bike out of the shed and straddle the seat. I take one last moment to check that everything is ready. Bag, keys, music, phone, and most importantly, art book.

  As I push my headphones into my ears and push off, I think about my art book. The one possession I have that takes precedence over all else. Most people think it silly that I would rather get cold and wet than let my book get ruined, but they don't understand.
When I am gone from this world, the only thing left of me will be memories and my art. Eventually those memories fade and only my art will be left.

  I feel the pulse of my wheels over the sidewalk blocks. It contradicts my music's beat, but still it is beautiful.

  Today I decide to take a different path. As I race between the flowers I breathe in their rich scent. I am alone out here but I do not feel lonely. The world keeps me company and the sun brings a smile to my face.

As my bike glides through the school parking lot I stop my music and get ready to jump off. I break right before the bike rack and tie it up. I start humming one of my favourite tunes and I enter the blocky building.


© 2013 Eryn ♪


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
Added on August 4, 2013
Last Updated on August 4, 2013
Tags: Slice of life, daydreams, transgender


Author

Eryn ♪
Eryn ♪

Ontario, Canada



About
I am 21 with red hair and aqua eyes. I face life one picture, one word at a time. Some call me odd, I prefer eccentric. I have fought my demons and I have won. I am known to have ADD. I move forw.. more..

Writing
Battle Royal Battle Royal

A Story by Eryn ♪


Waking Waking

A Chapter by Eryn ♪