Now in Session

Now in Session

A Stage Play by Shadow
"

It's for Drama! I had to write a play so yeah there ya go...

"

Ash: (Walking in slamming the door.)
Demetri: Please take a seat Ash.
Ash: Ok doc let's get this over with. First off I am going to be not your friend--(Is cut off immediately as he is sitting down.)
Demetri: Well I was hoping we might work up to that. But first off don't call me "doc" it makes me feel old-- (Is cut off)
Ash: Well aren't you old cause you sure look it...
Demetri: No I am only 25. But as I was saying before don't call me doc... Call me Demetri.
Ash: Are you lying to me about your age?
Demetri: Why would I lie?
Ash: I don't know but so far Therapy bites... You can't change my life no matter how hard you try.
Demetri: Well why do you think therapy what was the word you used? Bites? (Takes out notepad and pencil scribbles something down.)
Ash: Didn't you just hear what I said? You can't change my life no matter what!
Demetri: Now why would I try to change your life?
Ash: Well isn't that what therapy is about?
Demetri: Is that what you think it's about?
Ash: Well I don't know you are the Therapist!
Demetri: You are right I am... But I want to hear your way of viewing Therapy... (Slips on glasses and scribbles something else down.)
Ash: (Throws hands up while shooting up quickly) Well I think Therapists are only people who want to get inside your head and screw you up more!
Demetri: (Isn't clearly phased by this.) And why would you say that?
Ash: Cause I have been through more therapy sessions then you can count! Why?! Cause I have clearly have more brains then they have cause they always play swap the kid! (While saying this he is pacing.)
Demetri: And what is swap the kid? (Scribbles more down and stares down at pad.)
Ash: (Calming down and sitting back down and he sighed.) It's where the Therapist doesn't want to deal with that kid and so they send him/her to another guy...
Demetri: And how does that make you feel?
Ash: (Shoots back up)Well how do you think? Miserable that's what! I hate Therapist, they hate me! End of story!
Demetri: Why do you think it's the end? (Looks up from pad tapping pencil on the edge of the pad.)
Ash: (Calms down again and sits back down thinking.)
(Heavy silence for a beat)
Ash: Cause I just do ok?
Demetri: (Nods while looking down at watch) Well we still have 30 minutes left to go what would like to talk about?
Ash: Nothing...
Demetri: Well we can't just talk about nothing-- (Is interrupted)
Ash: Yes we can cause I am the patient! And you are nothing but the listener!
Demetri: You are right I am listening but I am also trying to help you.
Ash: Why do you think you can change the world? Why do you think that way?
Demetri: Ah, don't turn this session around on me I am supposed to be asking the questions. (Scribbles something down. Takes off glasses and taps the end of the glasses on his lips.)
Ash: (Smirks) Wow you caught on I have to give you props for catching on so fast.
Demetri: Why were you trying to turn this around?
Ash: (Shakes head side to side) So I don't have to talk as much.
Demetri: Now why would you not want to talk?
Ash: Cause I don't like to talk.
Demetri: And why don't you?
Ash: (Pauses) Cause well I don't. And why do answer my sentences with more questions?
Demetri: Ash we aren't going to get anywhere if you don't talk. (Leans back in chair clearly ignoring his question.)
Ash: You are right we aren't cause I just don't want to talk don't you get it?
Demetri: No, I don't understand why you don't want to talk to me when all I am trying to do is help--
Ash: Gosh! I sound like a broken record always repeating myself! I keep telling you, you can't change me! Can't you get that through your thick head? Or are you too stupid to care! No one cares what I think for I am only a whisper to people!
Demetri: (Looks down at pad and writes more. When suddenly it is snatched out of his hands by Ash)
Ash: And I am sick and tired of you writing down everything I say! (Throws pad on floor)
Demetri: (Isn't phased what-so-ever) Why does that bother you?
Ash: Cause I feel like I am being investigated for some murder case! I feel cornered and I don't know what to do!
Demetri: (Picks up his pad and begins to write again.) Do you always feel cornered?
Ash: Yes... (Thinks about it thoughtfully while slowly sliding back into seat) No not always... Sometimes I just feel alone... Well of course my parents always back me up and talk to me but for some reason it isn't enough.
Demetri: Really? Why? Do you always try to grab attention from others?
Ash: Do I have to answer that question?
Demetri: No but I am trying to help...
Ash: I give up on you, you keep repeating yourself and it's sooo annoying!
Demetri: (Puts glasses back and and writes more down.) Why is it annoying?
Ash: (Looks at clock) How much more time is there left?
Demetri: Ten minutes.
Ash: Great this is going to be the longest ten minutes of my life! (Lays down on the sofa.) Hey I have a question?
Demetri: What is is?
Ash: Why do therapist always have these weird couches?
Demetri: To make the patient feel more at home.
Ash: That's stupid cause to me it feels like I am starting to get an ache in my back. (Cracks back and flinches) OW!
Demetri: (Blinking) Are you ok?
Ash: I think so. (Rolls off of couch)
Demetri: (Looks at clock) Well look at that session over already see ya next week. (Waves)
Ash: (Walks out of office hunched over.) Yeah bye...

© 2009 Shadow


Author's Note

Shadow
...

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on January 26, 2009

Author

Shadow
Shadow

Writing
Lost Lost

A Poem by Shadow