Something Sweet

Something Sweet

A Story by Shadow
"

I will tell you a story of my friend and how he and I met and how I wish we would of met. Merry X-mas my friend.Now this is written in future tense mind you.

"
“Now how we met it's sort of hard to explain... I'll bend the truth when I tell it to people cause it truly is strange. Now first I will tell you the truth of how we really met... Then I will tell you the lie since both always play through my mind. Is that so bad...?” She said laughing softly as she looked to the listener. But the listener didn't really say anything so she sighed softly, “Right first the truth...” She picked up her glass of wine leaning back in her chair looking out the window. She tried to remember for her sake... The listener's and her best friend's sake... “How to start this out.” She slowly got up her eyes glazed over... She talked in a hushed tone that made the listener lean forward with anticipation.

How we met was sometime in winter... The month of January, September, December, or maybe October? But why is it important that I mention dates? What's important is that I tell the story and we met. Mother fate must of felt some kind of pity sending him to me... It was a cold night and I was alone sitting on a park bench... I just had a conversation that usually happens with people... I'm called names such as, “Ugly, b***h, dumbass.” Or I get the comments like, “Why would anyone want to waste time on you?” You know... Things that make me sob into my pillow. But what was I do about...? Nothing really there was nothing I can do... But just sit there and take it... So here I am face freezing up from the cold, not too far away from my grandma's house mind you... A voice whispers gently in my ear for better days... Tis my own, yes no one has been around long enough for only I hear my own voice... It drives me mad almost everyday of my life... People come and people go but my own voice lasts forever... I am my own friend... Sad isn't it? Sighing pulling the coat tighter around me I walk... I have no place to go but back to my grandma's and the frost is starting to make everything numb... At this rate I'll catch a cold... But thus my life has been full of emptiness...
Coming back to the warmth I flee to the computer... Getting away from reality is better than being in it... I was feeling like s**t anyways I need someone to make me feel better... I need some words of kindness but seemed as I skimmed down the line of people... A scarce amount is on... No one that can tell me it's alright... Nothing to worry about...
Just when I was about to give up... And log off... A message blinked a stranger was messaging me...? What the hell? Great more spam... Eh why not? I have nothing better to do and no one else to talk to... As we talked though I blinked... He knows one of my friend's and knows me... Well then that caught me off guard... A stalker? A possibility... As I forced him to explain himself it becomes all clear. Right right I was part of a website we were both on... Yet I've never talked to him until today...
“Well what do you want?” I typed out to him leaning back in my chair... Noise blaring all around it was hard to really pay attention to him.
Have you talked to Irey at all? Was the message I read five minutes later when I finally paid attention. I thought about it for a moment when was the last time I talked to that girl?
“Not recently... But of course she's rarely online. (Sighs) Sorry if I'm taking forever... I've been having a crappy day and it's hard to concentrate...” Well why not tell a stranger my problems? It was better than going to my dammed family with it... They would scoff and say to just get over it... That's what always happens anyways... But little did I know... That by talking to him... My whole outlook on life would shift around. He's the reason why I smile now... But I'm jumping too far ahead...
Why what happened? So I told him... He and I started to talk telling me that things were going to be alright... But sadly our conversation didn't last... He departed for the night and I was lift alone again... I never knew already how much he meant to me... But he meant the world... As we talked though he supported my frame he knew what I wanted... What I needed... Someone to feel the same things I do... And he was the right person... He told me about his family... We talked about rping... And more and more he became someone who is dear to me... Someone who I would risk my life for, but sadly I was stuck in this cage called 'home' which is truly an oxymoron... To call something home you have to feel love... You have to feel a warm embrace... The only time I feel a true embrace is when I'm with him... He is my home... I wouldn't admit it to him though at the time... Why should it? It sounds more like a love confession... Although I do love him but he's married I have no reason to admit such things... But I am proud to love him as my best friend as of now. He is one of few who can handle my darkside... One of the few that knows what I am really thinking... The one who opened his home to me... And the day he said this to me: Hu syddan fryd rybbahc, E femm ymfyoc pa drana vun oui yht ajah huf yc oui dnyhcmyda drec E ghuf oui'na csemehk. Muja oy suneyr yht E'mm ymfyoc pa po ouin ceta. (translation from al bhed to english for those who aren't Final Fantasy 10 al bhed experts: No matter what happens, I will always be there for you and even now as you translate this I know you're smiling. Love ya moriah and I'll always be by your side.) which for your information took me by surprise... Almost made me want to cry... As of today we are still friends though and I still love him as much as I did then...

She looked to the listener who smiled a little,
“That was a nice story mom... Now what's the fantasy version I am dying to know...”
Yes the listener was the daughter of the speaker... (My daughter...) The speaker smiled lightly leaning back against the wall looking to the roof. “I do enjoy the fantasy version as much as the truth...” She chuckled softly running her fingers through her brunet soft hair... “The fantasy is all in my mind... And this is how I picture it without his wife... His own child...  I always imagine how it would be if it were just he and I... God Imogene I haven't brought up these thoughts in a while...” She chuckled softly looking her precious daughter Imogene who was a spitting image of her own self...
Imogene tilted her head to the side, “You still love dad right?”
“Of course I do Imogene... But you will later learn in life you can love more than one person... Especially someone who can handle your own darkside...”
Imogene slowly grew silent thinking thus my time to begin my fantasy story...

 The day seemed bright and promising for all but the person who seem to lay in the sand staring at the sky... Being careful not to stare at the sun's rays... The sea breeze brushed against the young adult's lone skin... Slowly sitting up where she sat was far away from others on the beach... She didn't like crowds much all they did was bring pain... She always felt alone in crowds... Looking down at her hands she wondered how she operated in the real world...? Her shirt was off and she was only in her jeans... Of course she wore a swimsuit underneath... A black sleek one... Black is a color this young adult loved...It represent shadows... How she loved to hide in them... But today the shadows didn't favor her instead she got hit by a volleyball... If she had been paying attention she would of realized there was a volleyball game that was going on right next to her... Blinking she rubbed the side of her head... That's when the pain hit and she hissed.
A young man though came running over kneeling down next to her. “Hey you alright?”
She looked to him smiling a little, “Yeah I'll-” Before she could finish she was interrupted by loud obnoxious laughing. She looked to the side sadly closing her eyes, she was always laughed at everyone usually knew her... But this man... She looked to him and he was glaring at the people who were laughing... He stood up snickering throwing a glare as he told them off... One by one they went silent... He reached for her hand... But yet she coiled away some when he spoke again his voice was gentle,
“Hey come on... Let's get out of here and go somewhere fun right?”
She considered this for a moment looking hesitant but she put her hand in his... Pulling her up he would gently hold her hand walking away from the stares...
On the boardwalk everything was in a hassle and busily people moved trying to get to restaurants to eat... She doesn't usually come to the boardwalk often... The young man paused though looking to the young adult me smiled lightly, “My name is Josh by the way. Thought I should introduced myself since I kind of dragged you away. Hope I was intruding on anything... You just looked bored.” The young adult stared at him but she did offer a smile.
“Bored is an understatement... Hi my name is Moriah...”
Josh smiled something was... Different about this young man, he wasn't like the rest... His aura seemed and felt different... Kinder... He said something but her eyes were lost in his for a moment she blinked to focus, “...You want to go is fine by me.” She could guess what he had said she thought for a moment...
“Let's go to the arcade and then get something to eat...” All day she and the young man spent talking... Laughing enjoying eachother's company... Everything seem to click for her and the young man... As the sun began to set they both stood out on the pier looking out... They were still even having a conversation... This was the most the young lady has talked to anyone in quite sometime in fact she was the one doing all the conversation...

“Could you believe he said that? I mean I know ignorance is bliss but come on you don't have to live in it all the time.” The young lady said giggling...
The young man laughed too and slowly the world fell into silence... All that could be heard was the crashing of waves. The young lady was about to speak... Asking him if he loved the nighttime as much as she did... Or that of a setting sun... But no the young many spoke...
“Today has been a good day Moriah...” He looked to the young lady smiling lightly, “I met someone who is amazing...”
The young lady looked at him in confusion for a moment then she came to realize what he was talking about... Who he was talking about. “Me amazing? Nah I'm just one person Josh...”
He chuckled lightly as he placed his hand over hers, “Well... To me you are.”
She blushed lightly looking to the side smiling... But slowly he slid a hand to her cheek turning her so she was looking at him... He leaned in and bestowed a gentle kiss on her lips... Then the world clicked into place again.


The speaker smiled her eyes glazed in thought but Imogene spoke, “Mom that truly is... Something... I didn't know you felt strongly about him...”
“Well of course I do... But we both know it wasn't meant to be so we moved on... But again you can love more than one person..” The speaker chuckled lightly running her fingers through her hair again, “Don't ask me to tell the story again please... It's something that I shouldn't be thinking about.” Winking at Imogene the speaker got up looking out the window she whispered softly under her breath,
“Maybe I'll call Josh to wish him a merry Christmas...” Thus her thoughts ran deep again...

© 2011 Shadow


Author's Note

Shadow
Just a christmas present.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on December 22, 2011
Last Updated on December 22, 2011

Author

Shadow
Shadow

Writing
Lost Lost

A Poem by Shadow