Archblade of Eon, Chapter 2: Commands, the voice in my head.

Archblade of Eon, Chapter 2: Commands, the voice in my head.

A Chapter by Kuro Okami
"

Teru thinks it is all just a dream, when will he realise that there is something more to this than he expected, something a lot more sinister.

"
I jolted awake, to see my mother staring intensely at me, her hands on my shoulders, she shook me momentarily, and probably had been doing so since before I had woken up, she stopped shaking me.
"Your awake?" She smiled. If I had been asleep, then had that just been some crazy dream? "You know you shouldn't sleep in that chair, you should at least sleep in the bed." She scolded me. "Goodnight." I mumbled, wanting her out of my room.
"Good night." She said, an unsure expression on her face. Now that she was gone I had some room to think, so I had somehow fallen asleep and managed to create such a realistic dream, probably born of my expectations of Wings of Eon. I sighed, moving to my bed and dropping myself onto it, the dream itself had been kind of cool and just maybe a little bit strange. Had I actually gotten around to playing the game at all? I glanced over to my desk, the cover was sitting open, my computer was off, my headset lay on the floor next to my chair, weird, I always hung my headset up, didn't I? Eventually, after pondering whether to get back and turn my computer back on, so that I could actually play the game, I decided that I should probably go to sleep instead with the time being 1:30am. 

I woke the next morning, feeling that I had forgotten something, as if I had forgotten something that was at least a little bit important. I shrugged to myself and readied myself for school, pulling on my poor quality black school pants and grey polo shirt. It was a really boring uniform, Grey and black, though the grey shirt did have a streak of blue diagonally through the centre in a sweeping arc which was wider at the bottom of the shirt and of course came to a point at the shoulder. I left my room, seeking a healthy breakfast of an apple, I was a bit of a fussy eater, especially when it came to cereals, which is why I preferred an apple to anything else. My mother was in the kitchen, humming to herself as she poured skim milk onto her cereal, the television was on as usual and as every day it was switched to the twenty-four hour news channel.

"Now, a recap of this mornings news subjects: Earthquake in south-east Asia..." The news announced read out a couple more, none really catching my attention as the title of the article and somewhat relevant pictures flitted across the screen, I didn't really care for it. "Coming up after the Advertisement Break we are covering: Mysterious murder; 12 year old found dead at his computer, horrific car crash in..." A murder...For some reason I felt as if I had something to do with it, but I just couldn't figure out why. 
"Come on, I'll take you to school." My Mother yelled unnecessarily, having finished her cereal. I picked up my standard issue school bag from beside the front door and made my way to the car, faintly regretting not getting to hear about the article. 
Arriving at school I immediately noticed people talking in whispers, trying to catch what they were saying was a little difficult but I gleaned some information from them. Phrases such as: Murder, throat slashed, no culprit and found dead this morning, came up in many of their conversations, so, everybody was talking about it. 

"Hey, Teru!" It was Erin, my best friend, my only friend at the school really.
"Oh, Erin, Hey." I mumbled, feeling slightly flustered, guiltily hoping he hadn't noticed that I had been deliberately listening in on everyone's conversations. 
"So you got Wings of Eon yesterday, didn't you? Having fun?" He asked eagerly. He was lucky enough to have had a copy for a while now, and had been teasing me for weeks. 
"Oh, I didn't get the chance to log on yesterday." I replied.
"But you have been looking forward to getting it for ages." He seemed a little disappointed in me. "Oh well, you will find out how awesome it is soon!" 
The school bell rang, signifying the beginning of the school day and also of my first class; Biology.

"Let's get going then." Erin smiled. Sometimes I couldn't believe that he would hang out with me, even though at first glance I looked like I would be really popular, I wasn't, that was simply because I wasn't very good at smiling, unlike Erin, who is excellent at smiling. 
"Yeah." I followed him down the hallways teeming with people until we reached the Biology classroom; room S4. We sat down at our usual seat, the desk at the very back of the class, furthest from the door. 
"Good morning, students." Mr.Grey sad drearily, he was wearing his usual tattered grey lab coat with pens and safety glasses in the pocket, faded brown trousers and blue shirt. It really didn't suit the short blonde haired man, his hairstyle didn't suit him either really. But his attitude really fit his name, dreary, kind of boring and a bit nasty. Immediately he began to write on the board, accompanying the words with his own sluggish explanation, my brain just seemed to tune him out, finding more interest in my plain blue pen than his stupid lesson. Soon I found myself trying to keep awake, the dull sound of his voice putting me slowly to sleep. 

I was standing in the middle of a field, with a uneven stone path winding it's way through, beside a tree a lion-like beast lurked, and most importantly; a human skeleton lie at my feet. I shuddered and stepped back from it, that's right, this field, my dream. Not knowing what else to do, I began walking, following the path in what I hoped was the right direction. Absent-mindedly walking I found myself staring at the sky, there were some kind of fake looking grey clouds moving slowly across the expansive dull blue. A bird was flying in a straight line between the clouds, I squinted, trying to get a better look at the bird, there was extremely small writing above it's head, but I couldn't read it from where I was standing, so I gave up. I kept walking until I found a small medieval style village, I asked a random person where I was meant to be at level 1, they laughed and pointed me down a road. I had found it hard to ignore the name floating above their head, inappropriate if anything. 

I reached another small village, at it's entrance was a wooden sign reading 'Welcome to Durrel, the sky is yours.' Down the first street I could see a fair amount of people, all of them with names hovering above their head, though one had an exclamation mark instead of a name, was it an npc? 
Hmmmph, wishing to gain some more levels, Don't worry about interface, I will do that for you. I cringed upon hearing that voice, the one in my head. {Quest Accepted; Kill 5 infected cattle} Appeared in green writing in the middle of my vision, I stepped back, slightly startled. 
{Message Received:[Hello, You just starting as well, want to team up?]} Blinked yellow above my health bar, I looked around quickly, a little suspicious of the message. [Do you?] I looked around again, jumping when I realised that there was a person standing behind me, he was outlined in yellow. 
"Oh, uhh... Ok." I answered involuntarily. 
{Blacklyn has invited you to a group, please accept or decline} Materialised in a blue box, I touched accept as I had earlier. 

The avatar standing behind me had Blacklyn hovering over it's head, he had short blonde hair, strange yellow eyes, a permanent smile on his face. He was wearing simple chain mail, had a broken sword in his belt and most importantly damaged looking brown bird wings. 
[Follow me] He began walking, his wings twitching. [How come you haven't got anything besides a dagger equipped?] Again, with the questions, what is up with these people. 
"Oh, how come you aren't speaking anyway?" I asked, changing the subject, suddenly finding myself curious, Just what is going on with this dream. 
[Well, I'm actually at school right now.] Well that explained everything didn't it, such a weird dream. We arrived at a wooden fence, on the other side were what looked like cows, but as I watched I realised they weren't real cows, they were something of a nightmare. The black spots that were on their hides pulsated and moved around, looking as if fingers were trying to push their way out, a red froth was leaking from the cows' mouths. [Lets kill them!] 

With that Blacklyn ran ahead, pulling his broken sword from his belt, charging forwards, when he got closer one of the cows turned towards him, I watched as he swung the broken blade towards the cow, a bar appeared above it's head and a large amount of the red that must have been its health was missing. Blacklyn continued to swing the sword, once, twice, thrice, then jabbed forward, the cow fell to the ground. 
[Hey, are you going to help or what?] I stood there for another moment, Blacklyn charged again, suddenly, I found myself compelled to shout something, what was it... Without even knowing I was slowly getting closer to Blacklyn, my hand fell to the dagger at my hip.
"Seitsuri." I Shouted, intending to swing my blade at the cow, it was what I had shouted before wasn't it? 
Good Job, My Archblade. The voice whispered in the back of my mind, I found myself turning the daggers blade mid swing, it slid with no resistance through Blacklyn's stomach instead of hitting the cow. I dropped the dagger, staring with horror as most of Blacklyn's health bar disappeared.

[How did you miss that.] A message came. [F**k, what the...Why?] Another message, I didn't say anything. The rest of Blacklyn's health bar disappeared, the avatar dropped to the ground, the cow reset, walking back to where it had been standing. The body began to sparkle.
Good Job indeed. The voice laughed, and continued laughing.

"Teru, it's time to wake up, Biology is over." Erin's voice whispered distantly in my ear. I opened my eyes, seeing Mr.Grey standing directly before me. I sat up, removing my face from the cold steel desk, glancing worriedly at Erin. 
"I'm glad you had a nice nap, Teru. I'm sure you will have an even better one in detention." Mr Grey growled, displeased. "Oh, and you too John." At mention of his name I looked toward the front, at the solitary desk where John usually sat. John was haunched over on his chair, arms around his stomach, a school laptop fell from his lap with a loud clack, the battery coming out and sliding across the floor, for some reason it was only then that I noticed that the class was empty. "Come on John, if you are sick, go to the nurses office..." Mr Grey walked slowly towards John. Something dark was dripping from Johns chair, there was a deep crimson puddle underneath his chair, I rubbed my eyes; that, that can't be? He must have pissed himself or something. No, the puddle is definitely red.

Mr Grey wrenched John's chair sideways, evidently not noticing what he was standing in.
"John..." Mr Grey said weakly, turning pale he looked down, his hand flying to his mouth. I could now see that there was a red stain expanding around John's crossed arms, there was also trickles of crimson oozing from between his arms, John had his eyes closed, his head hanging limply to the side, his eyes wide open, mouth slightly ajar and dripping even more blood. I immediately looked away, putting my hands over my face, trying to keep myself from retching. Mr Grey was now sitting in his chair, one hand over his eyes, the other over his mouth, his body trembling as mine was. Even with my eyes closed I could still see it, John sitting there, pale, a puddle of crimson around him.


© 2014 Kuro Okami


Author's Note

Kuro Okami
Now it should start to get interesting. Let me know if you wish to read on and I will put up the other 8 chapters, but for now, if no-one is reading, I can not be bothered posting

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on October 19, 2014
Last Updated on October 19, 2014
Tags: death, game, murder, accident, confused


Author

Kuro Okami
Kuro Okami

Australia



About
I am a 16 Year old Male, Living in Western Australia, I enjoy spending time with animals and sometimes people. I love to write though often I am too lazy to do so. I have joined this website in hope .. more..

Writing