A sacrifice for love

A sacrifice for love

A Story by TJ

A shot rang out in the silence of the night and Tony flinched as the bullet lodged itself in his abdomen. Tony fell to the ground clutching his stomach and his girlfriend, Katy, let out a loud scream. The shooter ran off in fear of police arriving. Katy leaned over Tony and put her hand on his cheek. "Tony! Tony! Don't leave me. Please don't die." Tony didn't respond. Katy looked around. "Help! Somebody please help!" Her voice echoed through the alley but no one responded. Katy slapped Tony but he still gave no response, he was fading and his life began to flash before his eyes...

Two weeks earlier, Tony and Katy were sitting on their sand colored sofa eating popcorn and watching a movie together. Katy looked at Tony. They have been together for nearly two years but she still could never take her eyes off of him. He had dirty-blonde hair that was just a couple inches long. his eyes a brilliant shade of deep blue. He wasn't very muscular but he wasn't without his strength either. Tony looked at Katy as well, taking in all of her beauty. Katy was a very beautiful young woman. She was quite slender but she wasn't without her curves. Her hair was a dark brown color and was of medium length. Tony then looked into her eyes. They were absolutely beautiful eyes as they were emerald green.

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" Tony said, taking katy's hand in his. Katy smiled. "No. How about you tell me?" Tony smiled back. "Well, that's where I have to disappoint you." Katy gave him a disheartened look. "Dont be sad, Love." Tony said. "You didn't let me finish... I have to disappoint you because the words to describe your beauty don't exist." A great smile formed on katy's face as she threw her arms around him and gave him a great hug. "You're the best boyfriend ever, Tony!" Tony kissed her on the forehead. "Tell me something I don't know." Katy sat back and gave Tony a humored smile.

Suddenly, an alarm went off that made them both jump. Katy pulled her phone out of her pocket and looked at the screen. "Crap! I have to go to work, Tony." She gave him a quick kiss and got up. "I'll see you when I get off. Okay?" Tony nodded. "Alright." Before anything else was said, she was out the door. Tony ate a piece of popcorn and turned back to his movie.

Later that night, Tony checked his watch. It's been an hour since Katy got off work but she still wasn't home. "Where could she be?" Tony was a little worried. Katy was never this late. He pulled out his phone and dialed her number. There wasn't even a ring, it went straight to voicemail. Tony was getting very concerned now. He walked to the kitchen and grabbed his car keys. He was going to go find her. Tony walked out the front door and got in his car, an '05 Honda Civic.

The first place Tony checked was katy's place of work. He pulled in the parking lot of The National Bank where Katy was an accountant. There, eight spaces from the front door, Tony spotted katy's blue 2003 Toyota Camry. Tony was a little relieved as he parked next to it. Tony got out of his car and looked at the bank doors. "Maybe they kept her late." He walked inside and approached the banker who was katy's friend, Tonda.

Tonda smiled at Tony. "Hey there, Tony. How can I help you?" Tony returned the smile. "Hey, Tonda. I'm looking for Katy, is she still here?" Tonda thought for a moment. "Uh, no. She left over an hour ago. Why?" Tony's heart dropped. "She hasn't come home and her car is still here." Tonda's smile faded immediately. "Oh my. I didn't even realize her car was still here. I can't see it from back here." Tony turned toward the door. "I have to find her, Tonda." Tony headed for the door. "Let me know if you hear anything of her." He was out the door before Tonda could respond.

Tony drove all over town trying to find out where Katy was, calling anybody who could know where she might be. Tony searched for three hours with no luck and he finally returned home with a saddened heart. He had exhausted all of his sources for finding Katy, leaving him with nothing but the police. Tony entered the kitchen and flipped on the lights. He sat down at the table and pulled out his phone, dialing 9-1-1. The operator answered. "9-1-1 what is your emergency?" Tony took a painful breath of air. " I would like to report a missing person." He exhaled. "What is the persons name and last known sighting?" It was becoming difficult for Tony to speak. "Her name is Katy Wilde. She was last seen at National Bank about four and a half hours ago." He gulped to fight back the tears. "Alright. We'll dispatch a search party and send an officer to your home." He couldn't hold it in anymore. "Alright." Tony hung up and tears rolled down his face.

About ten minutes later, there wads knock on the door. Tony painfully made his way to the doorand opened it. Standing in the door was a well-tanned police officer standing at about six feet tall. "Are you the one who reported the missing person?" Tony nodded and stood aside to let the officer in. "I just have some questions for you." Tony led the officer into the living room and sat on the couch, the officer remained standing. "What is your relationship with..." The officer looked at his notebook. "Katy?" Tony took a deep breath. "She is my girlfriend of about two years." The officer wrote this down. "Does she have any known enemies?" Tony shook his head.

The police officer asked Tony many more questions, writing each answer in his notebook. After he wrote the final answer, he closed the notebook. "We'll be sure to let you know if we find anything. Here's my card." The officer pulled a card out of his pocket which held all the information needed to contact him. "Call me if you need anything." Tony nodded and led him out.

For nearly two weeks Tony heard nothing about Katy. The only phone calls were from the police reporting that they have found nothing and have to retire for the day. Day after day Tony stayed locked up in his home, interacting with no one. Tony was starting to give up and resorted to drinking even though he despised alcohol.

On the day that marked two weeks since katy's disappearance, a knock sounded at Tonys door. Tony slowly shuffled to the door and opened it. There was no one in sight. Tony looked down and there , on the doormat, was an envelope with his name on it. He opened the envelope and pulled out a mote written with letters cut from a magazine. The note read:

"I have Katy.
If you want her back,
Meet me in the alley way
On Empire Street. Bring
With you $10,000 and you
Get her back. Do not bring
The police or I will kill
You. Be there at 10 p.m.
Tomorrow."

Tony dropped the note. He barely had ten thousand dollars but that didn't matter. If that's what he needed to get Katy back then he would conform. Immediately Tony went to the bank and withdrew the ransome money.

The next evening, Tony hid the money in a dumpster near Empire Street. He cautiously made his way to the alley. He looked around the corner to the alley and he saw Katy leaning against the wall about a hundred feet away. He ran down the alley to Katy. "Katy! Thank God you're okay..." Out from behind a stack of crates stepped out a man in in full black. He wore a mask and a silver hand gun tucked into his belt.

"You're empty handed. Where's the money?" Tony stood between the man and Katy. "Im a dumpster down the street. All that you asked for." The man nodded. "Good. Then everything is in order..." The man stopped as he heard sirens drawing near. The man turned to Tony. "I said no cops!" the man drew his gun and fired.

Tony woke up to a bright light. As his eyes adjusted, he realized that he was in a hospital and Katy was by his side. "Where is he? Your kidnapper." Katy smiled. "They got him. Right as the cops arrived. He shot but the cops got him first." Tony was so relieved. That man would never trouble them again.


© 2011 TJ


Author's Note

TJ
I wrote this for my creative writing class. Thought I'd put it on here for feedback. So be thankful, I typed this all on here with my iPod which was a major pain.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice. Thought I don't like how perfect they are, I liked the story a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 6, 2011
Last Updated on January 6, 2011

Author

TJ
TJ

About
I was born on Sept 16, 20 years ago. I have been writing poetry for very little time but I thought I'd give it a go. I have started writing two books as well but neither are finished. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by TJ


2 2

A Chapter by TJ


3 3

A Chapter by TJ